We publish a variety of points of view on these topics, and welcome contributions from people from around the world.
We seek personal stories, insights on best practices, opinion pieces, interviews, compelling ideas, knowledge, and perspectives. We’d love to hear from you.
Intrinsic isn’t an appropriate venue for sales pitches or promotional pieces. With that said, if an article on a product or service has value to our readers, we’ll seek to run a piece that reads like a story rather than an advertisement.
Please review our format instructions before submitting a contribution.
- Title and Subtitle. We show these on the Intrinsic homepage, in your article and on social media.
- Visuals. We welcome images, Vimeo and YouTube videos, and tweets. We need at least one image (with attribution) for each article. If you don’t have an image, we can help you prepare one. You must have the right to use the media assets you include with your contribution.
- Text. Be clear, focused, and cite sources. There’s no upper or lower bound on article length. We value quality, not quantity. If we find that your contribution will require too much work to edit, we may have to pass. We may also make changes to your article after it’s been published.
- Author Bio. A one- to two-sentence bio with links to your Twitter account, and website. Include a headshot or avatar.
In rare instances, we reserve the right to remove contributions from our website.
Send your contribution to [email protected]. Please include the title of your article, and a link to a Google Doc, or put your files in a Google Drive, with link sharing on.
We’re unable to respond to everyone, but we do our best.
Thank you for your interest!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I re-use a previously published article?
No, your contribution needs to be original, written by you, and must not have been previously published.
In rare instances, we’ll consider a previously published article if we believe it’s relevant to our audience.
Can I re-publish my contribution to Intrinsic on another site?
Yes! All that we request is that you link back to the Intrinsic article, and add it as the canonical link.
How will my contribution be promoted and shared?
Do you accept sales pitches or promotional articles?
If you’re with a company looking to write about your product or service, and your article has value to our readers, we’ll seek to publish a piece that reads like a story rather than an advertisement.
Your story will qualify as a sponsored post rather than a guest post.
Interested in a sponsored post? Click here to register your interest.
“Self-determination theory holds that human beings need three basic things in order to be content: they need to feel competent at what they do; they need to feel authentic in their lives; and they need to feel connected to others. These values are considered “intrinsic” to human happiness and far outweigh “extrinsic” values such as beauty, money, and status.”
– Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging by Sebastian Junger.
Why are all your cover photos of dogs?
We love dogs. Dogs make us smile, brighten our day, and make us better.