In Never Let Go, Coach Dan John breaks down the most complicated concepts of strength training and high-performance athletics in his personal, no-nonsense, thought-provoking and motivating style.
Workout routines, Olympic lifting guidance, Highland Games, track and field and Strongman events are all covered, in addition to weight training philosophy for the general public.
Never Let Go Quotes
“If it is important, do it every day. If it’s not important, don’t do it at all.”
“For years I have been preaching the following points.
- The Body is One Piece.
- There are three kinds of strength training:
- Putting weight overhead
- Picking it off the ground
- Carrying it for time or distance
- All training is complementary.
As we weave through the following pages, you will find I am trying to map out these three points in everyone’s journey to better health and fitness.”
“Let’s make it simple. There are basically nine different movements you should do as a human:
- Vertical Push
- Vertical Pull
- Horizontal Push
- Horizontal Pull
- The Squatting Motion
- The Posterior Chain (I call these deadlifts)
- The Anterior Chain (sit-ups, leg raises)
- The Twist or Torque Moves
- The Total-body Explosion Exercises (If you’re limited by time, these are the ones to do.)”