We’re a digital product studio with an editorial mindset. Our 50-person team works with big clients like MIT & ESPN and emerging clients who are about to change the world.
- Work with ethical and mission-driven organizations across industries.
- A high trust environment that believes in empowering creative ownership.
- Build a portfolio you can be proud of.
- Small studio culture full of top talent and peers who help you grow.
- People-first, with a deep commitment to DEI, making each other better, and making the Internet a good place for humans.
- Progressive and values-driven; we believe in life-work balance and is experimenting with a 4-Day Work Week.
- This is the place for designers who code. It’s embedded in our process and a core part of our founding ethos. You’ll get lots of support from other engineers and designers who know where you’re coming from.
Our goal is to get to know you in a low-pressure, friendly environment — and to give you ample opportunity to learn more about us, too.
Our typical process includes these types of experiences:
- A resume screen and introductory phone/video chat
- A take-home exercise where you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your communication and problem-solving skills
- Additional conversations with potential future team members, the hiring manager, and leadership
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. Our interview process is fully remote, conducted via Zoom calls.
If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected] All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
These are the values we live by at Upstatement.
Benefits and Perks
We take care of our people. Being a part of the Upstatement team means:
Health, dental, and vision insurance, and supplementary health benefits
A company-matched retirement plan
$1,000 home office setup stipend
$1,500 annual professional development budget
Short/long term disability insurance
3 weeks vacation to start, plus company-wide closure between Christmas & New Year's Day (fully paid)
12 weeks paid parental leave
One Medical membership
Internal events, workshops, and seminars (like our Friday Talks)