Backend (Ruby) Engineer
We believe community-led is the ‘next big thing’ for how creators, startups, and enterprises grow, but… today, community managers lack the understanding of what really happens inside their audience and what value it brings. That is why we’re building AhoyConnect, an all-in-one platform for unlocking the power of community.
We are a fully remote team that values transparency, clear communication, and the discussion of facts and opinions, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel empowered to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
As we already add tens of thousands of members to the Ahoy platform, we would like to invite a talented Backend Engineer to join us on the journey to becoming the global tool of choice for community-led companies (while maintaining speed, stability, and security 🤖).
We would love you to:
- Take care of Ruby development of new features and integrations
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Advocate best practices and well tested, reliable software
- Review code of our other developers commits, feedback, discussing ideas, take the time to learn yourself and teach others
- Assess the efficiency and speed of current applications
- Microservices architecture
- Sinatra framework
- Sidekiq for background processing
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
You’re a perfect candidate if you have:
- 3+ years experience in Ruby development
- Be able to solve problems without us holding your hands and turn ideas into elegant solutions
- Be able to consider things from a customer perspective and translate that into ideas and requirements that can continually improve our app experience
- Experience using Git version control
- Great communication (we use Github, Slack)
- Friendly, with an interest in the latest tech, and a passion for learning
- Experience with a remote full-time role
Nice but not essential:
- Watched the ‘Silicon Valley’ TV show at least twice 😎
- Experience with ReactJS, so small changes could be done without pinging the Frontend team
- Experience with GraphQL API
Why choose Ahoy?
- We just closed our Seed round with the leading VCs from the region, launched the product, and onboarded the first clients. This is just a tiny step - we aim to build a global business that will shape the future of community-led growth. We want you to have an impact and be a part of this journey.
- We care deeply about technology, product, and customers, but primarily we value our employees and their perspective.
- We’ve been remote before it was cool, and will stay remote-first forever.
- We run retreats (both before and after covid) – e.g., we’ve spent more than a month in Southeast Asia with the whole team.
- Flexible working hours and environment, believing in asynchronous, yet collaborative work, and having almost no meetings :)
- 💰 Attractive salary with ESOP (stock options)
- 💻 MacBook Pro (or your preferred laptop) + accessories
- 🏡 Home-office stipends for remote work equipment
- 📚 Budget for online courses, books, conferences, language lessons
- 🌅 Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 🏄🏼 Team retreats with Surf Office
Ahoy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Please do not hesitate to apply using the button below!
Please let AhoyConnect know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Senior Rails Developer
Ten Percent Happier
Experienced Backend Engineer - Ruby
Front-end Engineer - Cloud
Senior Front End Engineer
Software Engineer, iOS
Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior Front-End Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Senior iOS Engineer