Senior Backend / Cloud Engineer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Archilogic is a real estate technology company that’s fundamentally changing the way architects, interior designers, contractors, developers, owner/operators, and software engineers think about and use information about space.
Archilogic is a global and distributed organization with team members spread across the world - from Athens to New York and Uruguay to Russia. Our headquarters and largest office is in Zurich, Switzerland and we have a second office in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We’re a collection of technologists with backgrounds in architecture, software engineering, data science, real estate and development, and more.
We consider ourselves the Robin Hood of the building industry - taking valuable data about interior space out of the domain of “experts” and making it useful and accessible for everyone that needs it.
Everything we’ve built, we’ve built in-house - and we think it’s the best technology in our sector. We live for the moment a customer realizes that building applications, websites, and integrations that understand interior space is possible without a team of architects and general contractors. And we’re obsessed with consistently adding value for them at every turn.
If you’re ready to be part of the team that’s taking on the building-design-software giants of yesteryear, we’d love to work with you and make it happen.
What you’ll be doing
Cloud Engineering and DevOps
- Optimize and operate our company’s cloud-based computation infrastructure including Microservices and GPU clusters on AWS with infrastructure as code.
- Streamline automated code deployments with CI tools and frameworks.
- Coordinate release cycles.
- Administer PostgreSQL databases hosted with Cloud providers
- Design and implement APIs according to the product roadmap.
- Maintain and improve existing codebase - mostly Node.js in AWS Lambda environment. Transition to Typescript in progress
Quality Assurance and Site Reliability
- Troubleshoot production issues, conduct root cause analysis and introduce preventive actions.
- Define and monitor SLIs, SLOs, SLAs
- Analyze code and logs.
- Manage and write internal and public documentations.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Model crisis scenarios and introduce preventive initiatives.
What we need to see
- 2+ years: Cloud-based services like AWS
- 2+ years: Infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform or CloudFormation)
- 2+ years: Databases and SQL
- 2+ years: Continuous Integration tools, frameworks, services
- Self-directed learning skills
- Startup spirit and open-minded
- Drive to initialize and push through projects
- Authorized to work in the EU
- Excellent communication skills in English
Nice to Have
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field.
- Hands-on experience with Serverless
- Experience developing large-scale software systems
- Node.js / Express.js experience
- Experience with security-related topics.
- Affinity to 3D graphics or Architecture
- Open source projects or contributions
- 100% remote work possible - with Central European working hours
- Flexible work hours
- An ambitious, talented, and multidisciplinary team to work with
- The chance to be part of “moving” all buildings into the web!
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, drop us a CV and a letter, website, project or whatever you’ve got to show why you’re the right person.
We respect your privacy and respond to all inquiries. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have questions – we look forward to hearing from you.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your application:
- Why do you want to work at Archilogic?
- What do you expect from this position?
- Share a project that you are proud of.
People also viewed
Cloud Systems Engineer
Back End Engineer (Python)
Software Engineer - Frontend / React
Product Security Engineer
Senior Frontend Engineer
Cloud Support Engineer (EMEA)
Front End Engineer (React)
Senior Frontend Engineer
Senior Backend Python Engineer