Blexr is an affiliate marketing company with office hubs in Malta and Barcelona but also works remotely. Our vision is to empower better online decision-making for our users. We do this by creating industry-leading products based on honesty, integrity, and transparency. By putting our people first, we know they will do the same for our users.
The Position Summary
Forming part of our DevOps team, the DevOps Engineer owns the challenge of implementing innovative and strategic solutions for building, scaling, and relentlessly improving our development and production infrastructure. The candidate we’re looking for will be able to understand and apply our core company values of trust, transparency, accountability, and growth mindset.
This is a remote position. We are on the hunt for candidates located in time zones between UTC-1 and UTC+5.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively as part of a small, cross-functional Scrum team, actively participating and contributing to Scrum events as appropriate
- Implement, scale, maintain and support our hosting and underlying delivery infrastructure, typically consisting of a cloud-based LAMP stack, and frequently with a CMS component such as WordPress
- Monitor and secure the entire technical stack
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes of, and remediate complex technical issues Implement, test, and maintain backup, fail-over and disaster recovery systems and procedures
- Consistently achieve best-in-class levels of uptime and availability
- Automate our development, test and deployment processes and infrastructure to the greatest extent possible, leveraging modern approaches such as CI/CD, containerization, and infrastructure as code as best suited for our context and needs
- Build, maintain and continuously improve our delivery pipelines, which typically involves working with GitLab and Docker
- Interact with other teams to understand requirements, and assist as necessary in the design, specification and implementation of a high performing and resilient technical architecture
- Develop and maintain internal documentation for key systems and services
- Coach and assist less experienced team members
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Great analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a Scrum team or similar Agile environment would be a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, with focus on Linux system administration, configuration, and automation
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Bash command line scripting is a must; knowledge of PHP on top of that would be awesome!
- Experience in Linux network configuration and management; experience with iptables, OPNsense, pfSense or similar would be ideal
- Knowledge and experience using cloud infrastructure providers such as Digital Ocean and Amazon AWS; infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform or similar would be a big plus
- Deep knowledge and experience building, maintaining, and supporting LAMP server configurations; Apache, Nginx, MySQL or similar industry alternatives
- Good knowledge of CDNs/SSL/Proxies; CloudFlare or similar
- Experience with CI/CD, containerization, and building delivery pipelines; GitLab, BitBucket, Jenkins, Docker, or similar
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following, or similar, would also be considered an additional plus: WordPress, MongoDB, PerconaDB, Gluster, Kafka, Redis, HAProxy, Varnish, Zabbix
- Able to manage own time and work under pressure with minimal supervision Takes initiative and relentlessly seeks improvement
Please let Blexr know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Principal Front-end Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Ruby) - MessageBird Pusher
Software Engineer, macOS
Cloud Support Engineer (EMEA)
Senior Android Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
iOS Engineer - Consumer Experience