Senior/Principal Software Engineer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
- The stack: Postgres, Node.js/Express.js, React. Currently running on Heroku, eventually AWS
- The product: we help CFOs at subscription companies do their jobs more effectively
- The way we work:
- This is a remote job - work anywhere you want! Any timezone on earth (or outside earth, whatever)
- We are an asynchronous team - we don’t do scheduled meetings, and rely on each team member to pick their own schedule and to communicate clearly in writing and with recorded videos
- We operate completely autonomously - no one will tell you what to do, we’ll just tell you the goals and you will figure out how to work towards them with the rest of the team
- The role you’ll play on our team:
- You’d be one of the first four engineers on the team, and the first very senior hire
- You’ll work on database design and implementation, complex data management problems, API design and implementation, some front-end React app code, building and iterating on our product, collaborating with designers and founders, and making a product that users will love
- Like all start-ups we’re scrappy, but not scrappy on compensation: Chiffer is committed to paying our awesome team members at market-rate, including benefits.
- Chiffer is an early stage startup that’s well funded by the top investors in America. It started in December 2020, and is currently 5 people. You’d be the sixth person.
- Chiffer makes software to help CFOs of subscription companies do their job
- To start, we’re helping them better see and understand the key subscription metrics that make-or-break their businesses - things like revenue retention, lifetime value, acquisition cost, and more.
- We’re a global team - based in the USA, Russia, Pakistan, and Romania
- You’re an excellent senior engineer who has (senior: 5+ / principal: 10+) years of experience building web applications, designing databases and APIs, and working with others
- You’re a great communicator via writing, and via recorded videos
- You’re excited about working on a globally-distributed and diverse team, in an incredibly unique culture where autonomy, accountability, and ownership are equally as valued as your skillset.
- That’s it.
- Unlimited vacation
- Completely flexible work schedule - work literally anytime (and anywhere) you want!
- Benefits appropriate to your location (health/dental/vision in the USA)
- Company wide retreats multiple times per year
The interview process
Our interview process is designed to focus on your skills as a software engineer, and your ability to communicate clearly. We’re a fully asynchronous company, so that’s how we will communicate in this interview process too
- We’ll do a quick review of your background based on what you include in your application email
- If it’s a fit, we’ll ask you to work on a ~90 minute exercise while recording a loom (or other screen recording) video
- If we like what we see, we’ll ask you some questions over email
- If everything seems like a fit, we’ll ask you to work on one more ~90 minute exercise while recording a video
- And finally, hopefully we’ll send you an offer. And hopefully you’ll accept!
People also viewed
Full Stack Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Frontend Engineer
Open-Source Software Engineer - PHP
Senior Software Engineer: Video - Android
Senior Software Engineer - Venture