Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
At CodeSandbox we’re building a collaborative online development platform that makes it easy for anyone to build web applications. We’re used by over 3 million people on a monthly basis, and we’re looking for a Product Marketer who can help us shape our story so that our audiences understand what we’re doing and how we’re different.
As Product Marketer you will work together with Product Managers on our new features where you will define the story of our releases and exhibit why people should care. You will also establish our release plans and manage the releases to reach our target audiences.
In addition to that, you will closely collaborate with our Developer Relations and Support Team to coach them on what they can do to achieve the biggest impact with their content and evangelism.
For this role, we’re seeking someone who has previous experience in the developer tools space and experience marketing a product that has grown through community usage.
- Location: Anywhere -4 to +3 UTC (currently Daylight Savings, otherwise -5 to +2 UTC). That’s anywhere between US and EU Eastern Time.
- Full-time: At CodeSandbox this means 40 flexible hours Mon through Fri.
As a Product Marketer, you’ll…
- Establish our marketing strategy by determining how to best position our product in the market and how we release new features.
- Identify the most effective ways to promote CodeSandbox and grow its significance in the community by conducting market research and engaging with the community.
- Educate the market about our products and how we stand out from our competitors to attract new users.
- Decide on and create the content for outgoing messages.
- Define the voice of CodeSandbox together with our DevRel and Support Team.
- Reinforce our DevRel and Support Team with your expertise in creating content and scaling its reach to our audiences, as well as getting our target group excited about CodeSandbox.
- Set metrics for our marketing efforts and work in conjunction with DevRel and Support to achieve them.
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At CodeSandbox, we encourage you to pursue wherever your interests take you. You’ll have a chance to shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Product Marketer if you…
- Have experience in the developer tools space and know how developers work. Having previous experience as developer yourself is a definite bonus.
- Have worked on a product that has grown through community usage, ideally in a start-up environment.
- Have extensive knowledge of the market and understand our unique selling points that make us better than our competitors. You know how to make us stand out in a crowded market.
- Have shaped a marketing strategy for a new product that either did or had the potential to create a whole new market.
- Have previous experience building a team to execute a marketing strategy.
- Are able to see the bigger picture and can set a vision that others follow.
- Are comfortable coaching others and working with little direction.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. It’s okay if you have not used Elixir in production yet, we understand. But if you have a passion for this technology, we want to talk to you.
At CodeSandbox we work from the idea that software development should be more accessible and collaborative. It should be possible for anyone to create an application if they have a great idea, and there should be no hassle in sharing this with others. We follow this mentality not only in how we build our product, but also in how we work with each other.
Whenever we start a new project, we include everyone on the team to help out. We expect everyone to be open to helping each other and generally encourage everyone to work together.
At CodeSandbox, we’re offering:
- A friendly, remote-first working environment.
- Competitive salary & equity.
- Flexible working hours.
- Unlimited paid time off, affordance-based. We expect you to take a minimum of 25 days.
- Work equipment of your choice.
- Educational & personal development budget.
- Annual health and wellness stipend.
- Freedom to create and run your own project.
- Parental leave for the moms and dads among us.
If you share our enthusiasm for making development more accessible and collaborative, we’d love to review your application!