Entrepreneurial Startup Engineer (Tech Lead/Senior Fellowships)
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Commit is building the remote-first community for software developers. We’re VC-backed, fully remote, and looking for Entrepreneurial Startup Engineers to join Commit.
If you’re selected, we’ll pay you during our 3-month program to explore roles at startups you’re passionate about as a Commit Engineering Partner.
We take care of all the friction, so you can focus on finding the right fit. We hire you directly into Commit, pay you to find the right startup from a pool of vetted opportunities, let you skip those startups’ normal interviewing processes, and then you get to test out startups for three months at a time until you find the perfect fit.
Members of our program have access to all of our Engineering Partners from past cohorts. Curious about what it’s like to join a startup as the first engineer? Looking for the best course on Rust? Running into an issue with Terraform that you can’t solve? Someone in the community has been in your shoes and can help. We’re run by engineers for engineers.
Read more about us:
- Our guide to what you can expect from our program
- What it means to be a Commit Engineering Partner on our blog
- Our website
What we offer during the program:
- Full time paid employment as an Engineering Partner
- Extended health and dental plan, for you and for your family
- The right equipment to do your best work
- Access to your own career coach and a mentor for your job search
- We provide 15 vacation days, on top of statutory holidays while you’re part of the Engineering Partner program. There is no limit on Sick Days or Personal Days
- Invitation-only events with technical leaders. We’ve been lucky to have guests like Katie Wilde (VP Engineering @ Buffer), Armon Dadgar (CTO @ Hashicorp), Gokul Rajaram (board member at DoorDash, Coinbase, Pinterest and The Trade Desk) and many others join us for private learning sessions.
We are a fully distributed, remote-first community, launched in Vancouver, with posts in Toronto, San Francisco, Mexico City, and more. We raised $6M from Accomplice, Inovia Capital and Jason Warner (former CTO @ GitHub).
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering (non-internship)
- Experience working on SaaS, marketplace, consumer or infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Growth-oriented attitude
- Ambitions of excellence in your craft. Some of our past EPs have grown into CTOs, principal engineers, and/or joined companies as the first engineer
Our Preferred Tech Stack
- FE: One/some of: Vue.js, React, Redux
- BE: One/some of: Golang, Node.js, Ruby/Rails, Python/Django (MVC!)
We believe that language is a tool. It’s more important that you have experience with one or more modern coding languages, than that you have experience with any particular language itself.
You might also have:
- Understanding of basic DevOps: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes/Terraform, CI/CD
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Understanding of cloud-native distributed systems and microservices
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. We are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.