Senior Software Engineer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
⁉️ Who Are We
Commit is a VC-backed remote-first community and accelerator program for Senior Software Engineers (located in Canada) looking to join some of North America’s most innovative startups as one of the first engineers.
We exclusively work with financially stable startups with great salaries and exciting tech stacks who prioritize engineers’ growth and have exceptional team culture. We provide you with the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and continue cultivating your craft.
🚀 Program Benefits
- No technical interviews!
- Work with over 70 pre-vetted impactful startups in North America
- Gain access to transparent salary bands AND mentorship to grow your career
- Collaborate with like-minded tech junkies
📋 How It Works
- Apply to be an Engineering Partner
- Go through a short 3-step interview process with Commit. Learn more here.
- If you’re accepted into the program, you’ll be paid a full salary while we work together to match you to an aligned startup.
- Once matched, you pilot with a startup for 3 months. If you love it, you stay with them; if not, we’ll work together to find a better match.
Throughout our program, you will gain access to our extensive network of software developers. Interested in learning what it’s like to work as a first engineer at startups? Seeking the best course on Rust? Running into issues with Terraform that you need support with? Someone in our community has been in your shoes and can help. We’re run by engineers for engineers.
🌟 What You’ll Get
- Full-time paid employment as an Engineering Partner
- Base salary of $115K to $140K CAD depending on experience
- Extended health and dental plan for you and your family
- The right equipment to do your best work
- Access to your own career coach and a mentor for your job search
- We provide 15 vacation days on top of statutory holidays while you’re part of the Engineering Partner program. There is no limit on Sick Days or Personal Days
- Invitation-only events with technical leaders.
- We’ve been lucky to have guests like Katie Wilde (VP Engineering @ Buffer), Armon Dadgar (CTO @ Hashicorp), Gokul Rajaram (board member at DoorDash, Coinbase, Pinterest and The Trade Desk) and many others join us for private learning sessions.
We are a fully distributed, remote-first community, launched in Vancouver, with open positions with startups across Canada and the US. In 2021, we raised $6M from Accomplice, Inovia Capital and Jason Warner (former CTO @ GitHub).
📝 About You
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering (non-internship)
- Experience working on SaaS, marketplace, consumer or infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial mindset and growth-oriented attitude
- Ambitions of excellence in your craft. Some of our past EPs have grown into CTOs, principal engineers, and/or joined companies as the first engineer
⚙️ Our Preferred Tech Stack
- FE: One/some of: Vue.js, React, Redux, Next
- BE: One/some of: Node.js, Go/Golang, Python/Django/Flask, Ruby/Rails, Java/Scala, Rust
🧰 Nice to Haves
- Understanding of DevOps: MongoDB, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes/Terraform, CI/CD
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Understanding of cloud-native distributed systems and microservices
- Experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases, cloud infrastructure, product design
We believe that language is a tool. It’s more important that you have experience with one or more modern coding languages than that you have experience with any particular language itself.
💡 Learn More About Us
- Our guide on what you can expect from the program
- What it means to be part of our program on our blog
- Questions? Email us at [email protected]
💛 Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. We are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please apply on our website and use promo code NoDesk to skip the waitlist!
People also viewed
Software Engineer (Backend)
Site Reliability Engineer
Software Engineer - Mobile
Full-Stack Developer Ninja (w/ Front-End Focus)
Senior Software Engineer (UI/UX, React)
Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Systems Administrator
X API Engineer