Lead Product Designer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
You can also see this job post at https://confrere.com/careers/.
About Confrere and our challenges
Confrere is a web-based video calling tool for physicians, therapists, and other healthcare providers. That means we want video calls to be easy to use for everyone, while still protecting their security and privacy. Here's how Confrere works.
The focus on healthcare means that Confrere has grown due to COVID-19 and is now at a crucial stage. Firstly, we need to ensure that healthcare professionals and their patients get what they need from Confrere in an extreme situation. Secondly, we need to ensure that Confrere will continue to be a useful tool even as the world eventually, and hopefully, overcomes COVID-19. Do you want to be part of grappling with these challenges?
We think you’re someone who…
- enjoys communicating with actual users and learning about their needs.
- is motivated by coming up with design solutions that are both easy to use, secure and respectful of privacy.
- thrives when collaborating with people from other fields (e.g., content, engineering, or customer support), while still being comfortable with speaking up on behalf of the users and the product team.
- wants technology to work for everyone, and thus sees the importance of accessibility and web standards.
We’re looking for a designer who will take the role as product lead on one of our three interdisciplinary squads. You’ll be key in choosing what that squad should work on, as well as shaping those tasks and design solutions.
This means you’ll have an essential role in shaping Confrere as a product, in a defining moment for the company.
Your experience and background
We think you’ve had at least 3 years of professional experience in a position with the title of UI designer, product designer, UX designer, graphic designer, product lead or similar. The exact title isn’t that important - we will adapt the position depending on your speciality.
More specifically, we imagine that…
- you have experience with designing digital products on an interdisciplinary team.
- you’re used to working with design systems and brand guidelines.
- you’ve been part of prioritizing tasks on your team.
- you’re not new to the balancing act of striving for the best design for our users, while also considering whether that design is realistic and in line with our strategy and values.
- you have taken part in user research and/or user testing.
Optional bonus skills
None of the below are requirements, but if you have any prior knowledge of them, be sure to mention it in your application!
- Writing HTML, CSS and JS
- Shaping visual identities and brand guidelines
- Experienced with leading user testing and/or user research
- Well versed in universal design/accessibility/WCAG
- Experience with Sanity (CMS) or other headless CMSes
- Having used Google Analytics or similar
- Knowledge about healthcare, either due to your experience, education or more informal reasons
Your colleagues :)
Ida is co-founder and the Chief Product Officer with a background in UX design. Senior Designer, Julie, and Content Designer, Rivkah are your two other teammates. And because we work on interdisciplinary squads, you’ll also work closely with folks from engineering, marketing & sales, and customer support.
Inclusive work environment & equal opportunity
We want to make video calling for everyone - and that means our team should be made up of all kinds of people. We welcome all applicants, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, religion or lack thereof.
Our team is made up of 21 people: 11 women and 10 men. Half of our leadership (2 of 4) is female.
Work/life balance and remote-friendly
Because Confrere is a remote company, you may be located anywhere as long as you’re available to work on one of the European/African time zones (from UTC to UTC+3). Our employees are spread out across Europe, plus one person in the US.
- We work 37.5-hour weeks. We are committed to balancing work with leisure, family and friends.
- You have flexibility and freedom in how you set up the working day and when you want to work.
- As we have no office, we offer co-working space memberships if you’d like to not work from home (present pandemic rules excluded). Not having a physical office doesn’t stop us from socializing with our coworkers - we would love to tell you more about this!
Since Confrere is based in Norway, you can expect benefits aligned with Norwegian standards, such as:
- 5 weeks vacation
- Both self-declared and medically certified sick days that don’t affect your vacation
- Almost a year of maternity/paternity leave
Employees also have the opportunity to purchase shares in Confrere.
How to apply
Send us an email with the subject “Product Designer” and include the following in your application:
- A bit about why you want to work at Confrere
- Which experiences/backgrounds/skills you have that you think are most relevant to this position
- Attachment/link to a CV (or portfolio, LinkedIn page or similar) containing your relevant background/experiences
- Your thoughts on the task below
To give us a sense of how you think about things, take a look at https://test.confrere.com/check. This is part of the flow that patients (and other visitors) go through when they have a video call with a doctor (or other professional).
- What are 1-3 things you think work well?
- What are 1-3 things you think can be improved?
- How would you go about improving this?
We aim to land on a candidate within November 15th, but will be evaluating applications continuously. We encourage you to apply sooner rather than later!
People also viewed
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Senior Product Designer
Product Design Lead
Product Marketing & Product Partnerships Mgr (EU)
Senior Product Designer
Product Designer, Integrate