Senior Software Engineer - Clojure
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Crescent is a consumer fintech company building the simplest way to invest in crypto and earn high-yield savings. Our first product is a 5% APY savings account with interest paid every second, Boosts to earn more interest, and Social Impact to donate extra interest for free. We leverage crypto rails but abstract the complexity – it feels like a traditional USD account.
We’re getting nationwide licensure to launch crypto bundles, commission-free trading, and a credit card in 2022. All powered by faster, more efficient and aligned infrastructure (not just traditional financial rails).
Crescent at a glance:
- We’re making the best of crypto-powered financial services available for the masses
- Growing a powerhouse team of top engineers and designers
- Closed a $3.5M+ seed round from leading investors, raising $10M+ more this year
Who we are looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience in software development
- You have proven experience with a functional programming language and are used to working in a production environment at scale
- You are enthusiastic about working with Clojure and improving your craft
- You possess working knowledge of relational databases and data modeling, microservice architectures, and distributed systems
- You are confident working in a software engineering environment: this includes version control systems, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), etc
- You are dedicated to learning your craft. We are looking for engineers who want to continue improving, learning, and building their skills
Bonus points for experience in:
- Clojure, Datomic, DynamoDB, GraphQL, REST, AWS
- Start-ups or Fintech
What you’ll do
- You will collaborate across product and engineering teams to develop features, drive implementation, and contribute to the Crescent product roadmap
- You will improve and uphold high development standards, mentoring new employees on our systems as we grow
- You will be an integral part of our company and platform’s growth
- You will identify opportunities for improving the reliability and scalability of our systems
Benefits & perks
- Full Health Coverage: Crescent covers 100% of employee premiums for health insurance, vision, and dental.
- Retirement Plan: You have a bright future. We offer a 401k with a generous match to make sure you can enjoy it.
- Paid Vacation + Sick Time: We offer unlimited PTO, sick leave, and 10 paid holidays and expect you to take it.
- Tech Bundle: New M1 Macbook Pro, LG UltraFine 5k Monitor, keyboard and mouse of choice, and an optional standing desk and premium chair.
- Self Development Stipend: We believe we’re never done learning — that’s why we offer a development stipend so that you can keep discovering your potential.
- Personal Health Stipend: Your mental and physical health are a priority. We’ll take care of your gym memberships and health subscriptions.
- Equity: Everyone is an owner at Crescent. We give equity grants to all full-time team members to share in our success.
How to Apply
Sound like the role for you? Send your resume or LinkedIn to [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you!
Crescent is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Crescent are considered regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status.
People also viewed
Senior Software Engineer - Games
Software Engineer, Entry Level
Sr Salesforce Software Engineer
Open-Source Software Engineer - Ruby
Backend Engineer (Remote)
Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Senior iOS Engineer, X
iOS Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)
Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)
Windows Platform Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2023)