Head of Design (Fully remote in Europe, $180k-$200k)
Everything you create is beautiful and intuitive, and converting vision into visuals is your expertise.
Now, you’re looking for a new challenge - one that demands your skills across all dimensions, from UX/UI to brand strategy and general graphic design.
And not only are you outstanding in your domain, but you’re also an excellent communicator, a believer in radical transparency and you’re highly ambitious.
You’re looking for a place to call home - one where you can contribute to a worthy cause and where your room for growth is limitless.
If you’re feeling seen, then CSGOEmpire could be the place for you.
We’re looking for a remote Head of Design to take full charge of our design strategy; an expert in UX who understands user journeys and how to optimize user flows to create the most intuitive, Apple-esque user experiences.
You’ll be responsible for creating impeccable brand cohesion and dynamic user engagement - key tenets to set us apart from our competitors.
Your first priorities will include:
- Establishing a design system that ensures consistency and scalability across all touchpoints (websites, marketing material, etc.);
- Restructuring the design team under you (people, processes, and tools) to help accelerate the pace at which we can build;
- Creating design strategies that enhance customer loyalty and engagement while collaborating with other teams to ensure these are executed from concept to launch.
The ideal candidate is:
- Experienced in all things design from strategy to execution with an expertise in UX/UI design and a portfolio + metrics to prove it
- A leader that goes beyond the basic managerial duties to inspire, motivate and mentor a fully remote team of designers
- Highly motivated and ready to get their hands dirty with a wide variety of tasks that span different levels of complexity. No job should be too big or too small
- Resourceful, with the ability to quickly grasp deep levels of context and bring abstract ideas to life
We create products that are fun to use, provide great value for players, and most importantly, are honest, transparent, and provide a fair experience.
But our mission isn’t easy. And many stand in our way.
The scene is filled with scammers and exploiters looking to lie and cheat their way to big paydays. Stopping them is a strong part of our identity — it’s something we deeply believe in and think is crucial for the safety and growth of the industry.
Joining us is a commitment - a commitment to a future where people can gamble safely, fairly, and openly, with an operator that always pays out wins and with games that can be verified to be provably fair.
If you’re ready to commit, here are some of the values you must embody:
- Character: We seek individuals who bring a unique personality and a compelling story. Whether you’ve started your own casino project or found a critical exploit in a system, your distinctiveness is your strength.
- Competence: We’re a lean, tight-knit team full of top-tier talent. Excellence isn’t a “nice to have”; it’s a baseline requirement.
- Creativity: If you can think outside the box and bring radical, abstract ideas to life, you’re our kind of person - especially as a designer!
- Radical Transparency: We’re extremely open about our goals, methods, and ambitions. We expect you to bring this same honesty.
- Ambition: We’re planning for the long haul, so be ready to aim big and go far.
- Autonomy and Responsibility: Our distributed remote structure demands that you’re proactive and work independently, maintaining the highest levels of performance.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Approach each task as if you’re the founder, fully accountable for your actions and their impact on our growth - regardless of your title.
Joining us at CSGOEmpire means that you’re one of the best in your field. It means that you possess a special set of skills that no one else has. And these skills are indispensable in our ongoing fight for fairness and transparency in the casino industry.
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation: The salary range for this role is $180k - $200k USD / annual
- A mission like no other: Make the industry a better place, make a lot of money, create compelling products, and fight evil.
- Fully remote: Work from anywhere within Europe.
- Limited meetings: We keep meetings to a minimum and communicate almost entirely via Discord and Jira.
- No micromanagement: We hire the best so we trust them to deliver results.
- Flexible schedule: You set your schedule, just ensure consistent availability during the Monday-Friday, 9 to 5 Central European time window.
- Unlimited room for growth: Those that can surpass expectations can have a place on our team forever. And they’ll be greatly rewarded.
- Consultancy-based contract: We offer straightforward contracts focused purely on financial remuneration. No additional frills – just direct, competitive cash compensation.
- Professional development: We’ll match 50% of your expenses on professional development courses, up to $1,000 annually.
- Laptop upgrade grant: After 3 years with us, receive up to $2,000 for a new laptop or PC, redeemable every 3 years.
How We Hire
We have a merit-based recruitment process because we want to hire the best people. So University degrees aren’t a requirement for any role, and we have no such thing as a diversity quota.
If you think you’re the best, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from — introduce yourself.
After submitting an initial application, here’s the usual process for shortlisted candidates:
- Let your skills shine through a short skills assessment
- Tell us about yourself during an async interview
- Join us for an interview and Q+A with our Design colleagues
- We conduct 1-2 reference checks with past employers
We try our best to respond to every application. But sometimes this isn’t possible due to the large application volume. If you don’t hear from us in 2-3 weeks, it means that we’ve most likely progressed with other candidates.
Please let CSGOEmpire know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Junior UX Designer
Senior - Staff Product Designer
Spain Community Operations (Contract)
Senior Go Engineer (Europe)
Content Creator Intern (6-months internship)
Senior - Staff Backend Engineer
Senior UX Designer
Senior Web Designer