Join the Customer Advocacy Team
For this role, we’re looking for a self-starter who’s outspoken, opinionated, and energized by the opportunity to think quick on their feet each day as we build relationships and ensure our customers succeed at using Buffer. We’ve found that the right path to helping our customers isn’t always laid out clearly with a map and compass, so a strong ability to take initiative and think on your feet is key.
We’re passionate about improving Buffer through feedback from customers and collaborating with engineers and designers to build solutions that generate the most impact. As Buffer is actively evolving into a multi-product platform, you can expect to demonstrate your expertise by directing customer interaction across each of our products, and exploring what it means to help them succeed at their business goals.
The Customer Advocacy team is 20 people strong, with team members spread out across Asia, Europe and North America! We stay in close contact with each other over Slack, Dropbox Paper, Zoom, and through a yearly in-person work retreat somewhere around the globe.
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer with teammates all around the world. We are actively working to create an inclusive environment and value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds. We’re united by Buffer’s values, and we celebrate our unique differences.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Delighting customers as often and creatively as possible over email, live-chat, and social media support.
- Driving customer success with the Buffer products and helping customers achieve their goals.
- Working closely with our Quality Assurance team to escalate bugs and customer feedback.
- Collaborating with your team daily over asynchronous channels like email and Slack, and weekly over live video syncs.
- Growing as a technical support professional as you learn the ins-and-outs of the Buffer platform.
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and code of conduct.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Prior Customer Support and/or Customer Success experience.
- Strong verbal and written English communication.
- Ability to organize, break down, and clearly articulate complex thoughts, ideas, and instructions in written form.
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Enjoys circumstances where the right answer isn’t always obvious and gets satisfaction out of helping others.
- Able to separate themselves in frustrating situations and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way.
- Love of a fast-moving environment.