NextRequest is a mission-driven company committed to using technology to reshape how the public interacts with government. We build software that makes it simple and easy for local governments to manage and respond to public records requests (also known as Freedom of Information Act Requests).
We’re looking for an Account Manager to own the relationship with our existing customers and to help increase the value that NextRequest provides to them. In this role, you’ll be the primary point of contact for customers after they have onboarded. You’ll advise customers on how to use NextRequest most effectively, ensure they renew, and identify opportunities for upsell and expansion. We’re still building out our processes, so this is an opportunity to help shape what account management and customer success looks like at a growing company.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct regular check-ins with NextRequest customers to ensure they are meeting their objectives and assist with any difficulties that they run into
- Proactively monitor customer behavior/usage for red flags as well as opportunities for them to use NextRequest more effectively
- Identify opportunities to expand and/or upsell individual customers
- Help define an efficient and repeatable model for account management and renewals
- Work with Head of Customer Experience to identify expansion opportunities across customer base, and to develop strategic initiatives to increase customer accounts Aggregate customer feedback and provide insights for other departments
- Onboard a limited number of new customers, including configuring software and conducting trainings
- Additional projects as needed - things move fast and there’s always new things to do!
What we’re looking for:
- At least two years in account management, customer success, or related role at a software company
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
- Resourcefulness and creativity - we don’t expect you to have all the answers, but we do expect you to take the initiative to figure them out
- Knack for identifying patterns and capitalizing on them to improve processes
- Analytical skills and experience using data to drive decisions
- Experience working remotely or with a distributed team
And bonus points for:
- Experience working for or with government agencies
- Experience at a startup
We value diversity and we are committed to a working environment that reflects our community. We especially encourage applicants who are underrepresented in the tech industry, including women, people of color, and LGBTQIA candidates. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.