Piktochart is on a mission to redefine visual storytelling in a way that enables our end users to engage with their audience in an effective and captivating manner. Although aesthetics play an important role in design, we need to always balance it with the end user experience to guide our users to their success without being overwhelmed or distracted, while keeping designs coherent and consistent across all projects. We’re currently looking for a world class talent, who is passionate about user experience and a great advocate for users that can help elevate Piktochart’s tools’ experience even further!
You’re a UX allrounder, driving original product ideas from initial research all the way to world class execution. You identify and detail real user needs. You concept, craft and deliver original user experiences, increasing both user satisfaction and business value.
This is a full-time remote role and you must be based in Asia or Australia.
- Own the user experience within your cross-functional project team, from researching the right problem to be solved, to ensuring high quality, timely implementation
- Influence the product roadmap from a user-centric perspective, while connecting user value & design strategy to business growth
- Ask smart questions, take calculated risks and champion new ideas
- Plan, conduct and evaluate qualitative and quantitative user research, driving user insights for your project, which help identify pain points & opportunities
- Ensure original ideas through solid ideation techniques, driving a world class user experience and ultimately competitive advantage of our product
- Present design concepts, clearly visualising how they create user and business value alike
- Efficiently develop design ideas from quick but clear sketches to high quality interfaces designs and prototypes
- Drive smooth implementation by seamless interaction with development and clear documentation of interfaces, information architecture, user flows & interactions
- Plan, conduct and evaluate usability testing, to validate functionality and usability of your solutions
- Contribute to and advance the UX process and toolset
- Staying current with industry trends and best practices
- Passionate and practical about identifying user pain points and solving them by creating valuable, usable & delightful user experiences
- Ability to iterate ideas, designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and how it drives business success
- Deep understanding of the difference between information and insights, and how to arrive at the latter
- Demonstrated experience in mapping techniques, customer journeys and personas, as well as a deep understanding when and why to perform which method.
- You’re well versed in ideation techniques, to quickly and systematically create original ideas yourself, as well as know how to ‘unstuck’ the team
- World class in visualising your ideas through storyboards, wireframes, user flows and prototypes
- Brownie points if you show us beautiful sketches from your daily workflow
- Pragmatic, results-driven approach and can-do attitude to positively and successfully work around possible limitations
- Crystal clear, on point communication – in writing and in person – from big concepts to the important nitty gritty details
- Strong team player in a cultural diverse, locally distributed (remote) team
- Receiving feedback and constructive criticism is something you can’t get enough of
- Ideally you have successfully executed all above listed responsibilities in your previous roles
- Proven ability to work independently and prioritise workloads according to business goals within tight schedules
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant roles, preferably with a background at the intersection of digital design, psychology and tech
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.