Business Development Operations Lead
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Location: This is a global, remote opportunity. Preference for CET.
At Devex, our vision is to do more good for more people by being the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence, and funding and career opportunities, to name a few. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can’t wait to make it even more.
The Devex Partnerships team is an integral part of the Devex news function. Through content sponsored by or created with input from our partners - leading NGOs, foundations, corporations, aid agencies and more - we help our audience better understand and advance key development issues. We do this through events, content series, visual stories, surveys and much more.
If you’re eager to bring your management, operations, and sales strategy skills to help us scale up our business development operations at Devex, we’d love to get to know you better. We want to give you the opportunity to build on an already successful BD function, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
A business development and sales leader who loves operations, sales strategy, systems and workflow - and who wants to put those skills to use at a mission-driven organization with a business culture.
Why this position is great for you:
You have a chance to really impact and even transform the organizations that work every day to achieve the Global Goals and improve lives around the world.
We’re a dynamic social enterprise that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture.
There’s no bureaucracy here. You’ll get to own your work with the support you need.
This is an established and already successful team, but you can help it grow even faster.
Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
The main responsibilities of the Business Development Operations Lead are to…
- Find innovative ways to optimize and scale the success of a global team of business development and sales people working across our business lines from paid media partnerships to enterprise subscriptions and recruitment services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the BD team by leveraging data and knowledge of the latest sales strategies to help them find ways to improve their results.
- Identify and implement the processes, tools, resources and data needed to meet ambitious revenue targets – think territory management, lead generation, pricing, inventory creation, sales collateral, KPIs etc.
- Enhance existing systems (Salesforce, Marketo, Zoominfo) to facilitate data-driven decisions, new business development, forecasting and process improvements.
- Serve as the connection between the sales operations and the rest of Devex, with the goal of driving growth.
To fit well in this role you must have worked in BD and sales operations at a top-tier organization and have experience managing people and operations. You probably work (or have recently worked) at a media, content, or information business and want to leverage that experience to really make a mark at a social enterprise.
Here are the basic requirements you’ll need…
- 5+ years work experience in top-tier sales organizations with proven record of revenue results
- Experience managing people and building culture
- Deep data, metrics, and systems expertise - SalesForce background required
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have…
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or any related field
- Knowledge of global development community
- Keen interest and exposure to international business
- Spanish work authorization and the ability to work in Barcelona
- Background in marketing systems - we use Marketo, but other experience could also be relevant
What We Offer You
We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every day to change the world. When you become a Devexer, you’re not only joining a global company but a team of 120+ people who embody our guiding principles:
- We champion global development professionals.
- We focus on impact.
- We embrace transformation.
- We work together.
- We feel urgency.
We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- 2, week-long Devex-wide breaks on top of standard holiday days
- 15 days annual leave (23 if Spain-based)
- 2 YAY days
- 2 Learning days
- Monthly professional and wellness activities
- Other benefits might apply
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now!
People also viewed
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Senior Project Manager
Associate Director of Business Development
Senior Digital Project Manager
Creator/Customer Support Specialist
Customer Care Support Poland
Customer Support Agent
Head of Marketing