Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
DHIS2 is a configurable platform for data collection and analysis – free and open source self-hosted software and a proud Digital Public Good. Today it is used in more than 100 countries. This includes use by more than 70 national ministries of health where it serves as the backbone for country health information systems. It has been estimated that 2.4 billion people (30% of the world’s population) live in countries where DHIS2 is deployed.
We are a well-funded not-for-profit project located at the HISP Centre at the University of Oslo (UiO), where we operate as an independent software development organization. We work with and are supported by many global development organizations and are a World Health Organization collaborating center. DHIS2 is used every day around the world to manage routine health service delivery, COVID-19 surveillance and vaccination, Malaria elimination campaigns, HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, Tuberculosis programs, maternal and child health, national education systems, health supply chain logistics, climate impacts on human health, and much more.
With us you get a chance to work on problems which really matter: Improving the health and well-being of people around the world through access and use of information. We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom to make a difference while solving interesting technical challenges. At DHIS2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context in which the system operates, so you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process, and get feedback from users in the field.
We are hiring a UX engineer, a combination of a frontend and design role. You’ll work across the whole DHIS2 ecosystem to improve the user experience by working directly in the code. You’ll use your knowledge of frontend development and design principles to build usable, user-friendly web applications.
This role is part of the design team. Alongside our lead designer, you will work across product teams to develop new and iterate on existing user-facing features.
What you’ll do
- Build application interfaces that solve problems effectively.
- Apply the principles, patterns, and components of the DHIS2 Design System across our library of applications.
- Design, develop, and iterate upon design system components.
- Identify where the user experience could be improved, and jump right in and make changes.
- Work with the design team to design, iterate on, and build user-facing features.
- Apply UX best practices across applications.
- Combine user requirements and design best practices to build interfaces that work.
- Focus on and craft interface details, like empty states and loading states, to make sure our applications are robust and effective.
- Several years of professional experience working with complex enterprise applications.
- Strong HTML/CSS/JS and React skills – you’ll be writing production-ready code.
- An eye for visual design principles like spacing, color, and rhythm, and experience applying those principles to interfaces.
- Experience working with design systems and component libraries.
- Familiar with design tools, like Figma, to visualize and iterate on ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication — you’ll be communicating your solutions and collaborating with others every day.
People also viewed
Junior UX Designer
Senior Software Engineer (UI/UX, React)
Front End Engineer (React)
International Accounting Manager
Director, Product Design (Growth)
B2B Sales Operations Analyst - EMEA
Regional HR Manager