Frontend Marketing Developer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You’re never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you’re explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You’re able to take a bird’s eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You’re committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
The Frontend team is responsible for all code that runs in a browser. Be it the web apps of Twist and Todoist, browser extensions, electron apps or our landing pages.
Our main product work happens inside cross-disciplinary teams, that we call squads. You can read more about this in our blog. We have a rotating Hero role whose main responsibility is to tackle support issues, fix bugs and work on smaller improvements. On top of that everybody on the team gets a day per week to spend on Housekeeping; during this time we pay back technical debt, fix bugs and in general improve the health of our code base.
We believe in picking the most effective tools to do our best work. At the moment this means most of our communication happens asynchronously in Twist. Code and bugs are managed and reviewed in GitHub. Team meetings are done in Zoom.
We don’t have a lot of scheduled meetings. Once a week the team meets to discuss the previous week and plan the next one. Once a month the whole team comes together for a retrospective to share candid feedback and take a look at the coming month.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Learn on the fly: This role is for frontend development on the marketing team. You will be working with the marketing department on landing pages, emails and mini-sites. On top of working with React, this requires you to sometimes touch backend code, including python & mako. You don’t need to be a python expert, but you should be comfortable picking things up as you go.
- Implement features: From proposal, through specification and implementation, to maintenance. You’re encouraged and expected to propose things that you think can be a good addition to the product.
- Provide feedback: When planning a feature you’re expected to provide feedback on expected challenges and unknowns as early as possible.
- Improve the code quality: With time, our code accumulated some technical debt, which we pay off. Often we do it while we make features, but we also dedicate time to housekeeping each week.
- Be a responsible & exemplary team member: We do code reviews, refactor code, learn new things and share our knowledge. You might also be appointed mentor of a newcomer.
- Lead a squad: From time to time you might be a squad leader which bears the responsibility for the success of the project. In practical terms, you plan the squad work and orchestrate its execution. You balance this activity with hands-on work within the same squad.
Indicators that this could be a good role for you:
- You love the challenge of, and are comfortable with context switching and keeping track of a number of different tasks of different stacks and tools, including but not limited to NextJS, NodeJS, Python and Google Analytics.
- You feel that our values resonate with yours, and you see how they can act as guidance for your day-to-day work.
- You have 5+ years of frontend development experience.
- You have experience in building complex interactive web applications.
- You have experience in writing automated unit, integration or end-to-end tests.
- You have experience in measuring, analyzing and fixing performance problems.
- You’re able to use and customize tools (e.g. webpack) to streamline our development and build processes.
- You’re able to work autonomously and stay self-motivated. Previous experience working in a remote team is a bonus.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
A complete application includes:
- A resume or manually entered experience (you can choose your preference).
- Thoughtful, thorough responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
The process will be as follows:
- Interview with Henning M., our Head of Frontend.
- We’ll ask you to complete a test project.
- Interview with David M., a member of our Frontend team.
- Interview with Brenna L., our Head of Marketing.
Our perks and benefits are designed to provide the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
Expand your professional skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
Craft your ideal work environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on your well-being
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at [email protected] (managed by Andrew G. & Mitch from PeopleOps).
People also viewed
Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Frontend Developer: Long-Term Job - 100% Remote
Lead Web Developer
X API Engineer
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
iOS Engineer, Growth Team
Simply Profound Journeys
Senior Full Stack Developer: Long-Term Job - 100% Remote