Head of Engineering
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people’s minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to lead our growing engineering team. Ideally, this person will be someone with deep technical depth, management experience, and curiosity who also has experience bringing mission-driven teams together. This role will report directly to the CEO.
What you’ll do
- Empower and enable the engineering team to deliver outstanding results to our customers and build quality products
- Scope out well-defined career paths and growth opportunities for every engineer
- Work with stakeholders across the company to ensure that engineering is aligned with company goals
- Source and recruit world-class engineering talent
- Help shape and improve the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Build and maintain a culture of excellence, mentorship, and collaboration, that facilitates the delivery of cross-team initiatives
- Provide coaching and leadership to the senior engineering management team as well as individual contributors
- You have 10+ years of professional software experience mobile and web-based applications
- You have 5+ years managing highly performant engineering teams
- You have shipped several customer-facing products
- You are passionate about delivering high-quality, efficient solutions to enable seamless user experiences
- You communicate clearly and have experience leading design reviews, code reviews, and pair programming
- You have a preference for fast-paced environments with tight feedback loops and continuous delivery
- You have experience working cross-functionally with design, QA and product.
Benefits & Perks
- Delicious and healthy chef-cooked meals
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.