Ensibuuko is looking for a Lead Software Developer who can guide a team of 6 – 8 junior and intermediate software developers in the development of Mobis, its category-leading core banking system for SACCOs (community-owned banks).
Please note: you will need to spend about 3 months in Uganda with the team, and can then work remote.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- supporting and improving our existing agile development process (running stand-ups, defining sprint content, etc.)
- code reviews
- overseeing our systems for continuous integration and automated deployment and making improvements where appropriate
- supporting the professional development of individual team members
In addition to managing and improving day-to-day operations of the software development team, the Lead Developer, in collaboration with the Mobis Product Manager, will be responsible for the overall design of the next version of Mobis, which will incorporate several major design changes and enhancements, including
- improved system security
- improvements to several APIs for mobile banking and interaction with banks
- support for offline banking
- improved efficiency, especially with regard to database-web app communication
The ideal candidate has the following background:
- 10 years of combined experience in software development and team management
- experience with web applications for enterprise
- knowledge of PHP/Laravel and object-oriented design
- familiarity with accounting
- experience in the design and development of banking software
- knowledge of SACCO and microfinance institution operations
We encourage candidates who have some but not all of the above qualifications to apply. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. We expect the successful candidate to spend the first few months working at Ensibuuko’s home office in Kampala, Uganda. Subsequent international travel may be required from time to time.
About Mobis and Ensibuuko
Ensibuuko Tech Ltd. provides a complete suite of backend SaaS-based solutions to member-owned financial institutions, such as SACCOs and other microfinance institutions in Africa. Our customers serve groups ranging in size from 100 - 35,000 end users. Mobis, our flagship product, provides core-banking services to these institutions. Based in Uganda, we are currently expanding into Rwanda, Tanzania, and Nigeria.
How to Apply
If interested contact Ed Levinson at [email protected].