(Senior) Back-end Engineer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
The money revolution
We’re building The Self Driving Money App. Our mission is to give people the right tools to build a sustainable financial future. Our ambition is high, just as the level of quality in our work.
We’re looking for genuine & smart people with great ideas to join our team. Flow is growing fast and we have exciting plans. Join us for the time of your life!
We are looking for (Senior) Backend Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing technologies to the limit. You’ll be working in one of the most promising FinTechs and help us define our business. Sharing your passion and experience with the teams allows us to accelerate and motives less experience teammates to step up to the challenges.
- Develop and oversee new API integrations within Flow.
- Optimise and expand our Rules Engine to automate transactions.
- Implement and optimise back-end data collection and analysis in AWS.
- Building our APIs and backend services on AWS Lambda, Temporal.io, Typescript and ClojureScript in a Serverless manner. (we use Serverless Stack Toolkit)
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
- You enjoy building products for the end user.
- Provide support on our production code, from customer related operations to bug fixing.
Bonus points to be collected when:
- Experience with or understanding of Clojure.
- Experience building native apps for iOS / Android (Swift / Kotlin).
- An expert understanding of GraphQL, NoSQL databases, scalability and reliability.
- You actually enjoy explaining at a high level (your) system design in Markdown.
- You know Git CLI commands by heart.
- Experience developing for a growing startup/scale-up (FinTech) or any other company in which financial high reliability/security systems are built.
- Mentor and coach other Software Engineers.
- Maintain the standard of quality for our codebase.
- Help Development and Operations to move towards a professional attitude and best practices.
- Actively participate in technical discussions and help developers with technical hurdles.
- Suggest architecture improvement and recommend process improvements.
- Create a robust release pipeline and help out with automation.
- Keep ahead of new initiatives and their technical impact to the organisation.
What would I work on?
As a fast growing startup it’s difficult to say what you will be working on in 6 months. There are a few areas of our product that is continuously being iterated on by our kick-ass team. You’ll be building features that will ship to our users within days! Some examples:
- Helping users getting insight in their financial behaviour: Our customers want insights in how they spend their money so they can create better budgets for themselves. Understanding where you spend your money on is step one.
- Integrate with partners: Our platform is like a candy store and we continuously integrate other money destinations you send your money to. All our integrations are of value for both parties, not just a connection.
- Operational tools: We love automation at Flow and sometimes we build our own suite of tools and algorithms to enable this. You could for example work on building a tool to improve the Know Your Customer processes to help your colleagues.
About Flow Money Automation
People also viewed
Senior - Staff Backend Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (UI/UX, React)
Front End Engineer (React)
Site Reliability Engineer
MDN Open Source Community Manager (12 month fixed term)
Senior Security Engineer