Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Our goal is to change how companies globally handle their taxes, and we’re committed to building world-class products. We are processing more than 300 million transactions per year and helping clients like Uber, Zoom, Teachable scale their businesses globally.
Our team is fully distributed. We give people the freedom to work wherever and how they want, enable more fluid communication, and put our time where it matters the most - decisions. We are curious, dedicated, and humble. We are building a workplace that fosters inclusivity, openness, and trust, where we can all be authentic and human in everything that we do. We trust the expertise of our employees and give them the freedom to solve complex problems to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for the internet economy
We have a suite of API products that automate tax-related workflows for any internet company. Those products are Lookup, Tax, Invoicing, and Reporting.
We may discover novel customer needs as we learn, and spin up new products as needed.
About the role
Product managers at Fonoa are general managers/mini CEOs of their respective products.
As a Product Manager at Fonoa, you will own one or more of our products. You will be responsible for managing product development, but also ensuring it’s being sold and used by clients. You will lead our products from ideation to creation.
In your role, you will be in charge of the entire product lifecycle from the very beginning. You will join customer calls, conduct research, brainstorm with sales teams, build a proof of concept and prototypes, design the specs and ensure deployment with your product engineer.
You will partner with the design team on envisioning the perfect user experience, improving conversion and usability. You will own the go-to-market with our sales team and analyze performance.
“One of the best parts of being at Fonoa is that I get to solve real problems, historically ignored by the tech world. I get confirmation of this every day from conversations with customers, both prospects and existing ones: tax compliance is hard, and businesses are desperate for tools that simplify it.” - Etienne Le Blan, Product Manager
What you will be doing:
- Own product(s) end-to-end
- Understand customer needs, current solutions in the market and figure out the gap
- Brainstorm how to fill that gap and run simulations, proofs of concept, and prototypes
- Desing and run the product development process
- Own the go-to-market for your product(s)
- Be the customer voice in every internal discussion
You would be a great fit if:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a B2B SaaS or API product management role
- Have full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Have worked as a full-stack product manager
- Are curious, like to understand how things work and why people use them
- Are self-directed and like to work autonomously
- Can think strategically but also implement tactical plans
- Understand human psychology and what drives great products to success
- Have experience from fast-paced roles in startups or scale-ups
- Have experience with the end-to-end product development lifecycle, including research, strategy, design, development, and marketing of SaaS/API products
- Can handle and interpret product, market, and other business intelligence data
If you feel you don’t have the full experience we’re looking for but feel you could be a bit fit, are willing to learn, do apply anyway! We are trying to build a diverse and inclusive team.
- Our typical salary range for this role is between 70-110k € per year, but we certainly don’t want to lose strong talent for financial purposes. If you feel you are a fit, apply.
- Attractive equity to keep you positively incentivized
- We are builders at heart
- We are a collective of independent and deep thinkers.
- We are curious, committed, and humble.
- We work with dedicated, open-minded people from all backgrounds who bring in their different perspectives to help us on our mission to make taxes simple.
- We’re passionate about making a real impact.
We work remotely
- We’re building a fully distributed team. We like writing to communicate when meetings are pointless and meet when it matters. This allows us to work flexibly, efficiently, and focus on achieving goals.
- We focus on deep work and put our time where it matters the most, decisions.
- You have ownership over your work that directly influences the roots of our company. We trust you to work on your terms. You decide how you work and where you work.
We make taxes simple
- We are on a mission to eliminate the manual work when dealing with taxes on online transactions.
- We have ambitious goals to make taxes simple, automated, borderless, and accessible for internet businesses around the world.
- 25 days annual leave (plus any local public holidays).
- Top tech gear and flexible budget to build your ideal remote office.
- Bi-weekly lunches paid by Fonoa.
- An unlimited budget for learning is on us. Whether you want to attend a conference, do a course or purchase books or tools, we want to support you as much as we can
- Company offsite 2x per year in attractive locations.
- A book club where you can order any book you would need or like to read
- Weekly fitness sessions with our online trainer
Our ways of working
- Remote work and async, work from anywhere in the world.
- Co-working spaces if you want to switch things up.
- Option to meet team members regularly to do creative work and bond in person.
- The best idea wins; we’re all ears when it comes to ways to do things better.
- Frequent visits to virtual Fonoa HQ and our Fonoa island on Mibo.
- Product first culture
- We are backed by leading VC firms who have invested in many successful companies (Index Ventures and Omers Ventures)
- The size of the market and the opportunity we have is massive, and we’re well placed to be disrupting it.
- Flat hierarchy, open, honest, and feedback-driven principles.
Our take on equal opportunities
Fonoa gives equal opportunities to everyone. We look at individuals for what they bring to the organization and for who they are as people regardless of ethnicity, race, and background.
We currently have over 20 nationalities in our team, we’re continuing to build a diverse team as we want to work with the best people, from all over the world.
Our Hiring Process
We see hiring as a human process. A two-way conversation to see if there is a good fit between you and us. As a startup growing quickly, we also like to keep things streamlined, and currently, our process won’t include a live task, whiteboards or technical assessments.
An idea of your hiring journey with us:
- Meeting with Recruiting to introduce each other and explore mutual interests.
- Follow up via email to cover other questions in a written manner.
- 1 hour conversation with engineering to get to know each other and see if you would be excited to work together.
- A 30 minute call with our CTO to get to know each other.
- 1 hour conversation with our co-founders.
- We aim to give you the best candidate experience, keep you updated and be transparent with our feedback along the way.
If we have convinced you, do apply. And if we haven’t yet, check out some more reasons why you should join us.