Senior Product Manager - Platform/Infrastructure
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
No one likes to be treated like a case number. But these days, even if companies want to build an authentic relationship with their customers, they can’t – their software doesn’t allow it. That’s where Gladly comes in: we put people at the heart of it, let the world’s greatest brands treat their customers as people, build relationships, and deliver happiness.
Blazing performance. Rock solid reliability. Enterprise security and compliance. Sophisticated data platform. Accurate COGS forecasting. Selecting and working with the best vendors. These things are at the core of the Gladly product. We win deals and keep our customers happy by having the best core platform of any of our peers. We are looking for an experienced, technically-savvy Product Manager to take on the reigns of our Platform teams and take it to the next level. This is a hands-on, influential role supporting our customers and all internal teams. It reports to the VP of Product.
What you’ll do
- Engage directly with customers to learn about their hopes and expectations around reliability, scalability, security and compliance, and reshape those learnings into actionable projects for our Platform teams.
- Partner with Platform engineering to craft a roadmap leading to an outstandingly reliable and scalable application, while enabling other product teams to support your mission. This involves getting deep into our modern, and honestly quite cool stack, understanding tradeoffs and making impactful decisions.
- Partner with Marketing to produce compelling customer-facing content to support deals, and often taking an active role in helping Sales move deals forward, with extensive exposure to prospects and customers alike.
- Identify KPIs and drive towards meaningful results in improving them. This includes modeling infrastructure costs to support our growing user base and guiding the company to optimize them.
- Developing plans and strategies for performance, scale, and COGS. Working with vendors to get the right pricing and terms.
- Be the product voice for a couple of high-performing, very respected engineering teams within the company, taking the lead in articulating their mission, vision and a roadmap taking us much beyond our current thinking.
Our ideal candidate
- Can easily handle a hard, technical conversation with the team and right afterwards transition to a smooth deep dive with a prospect’s IT team.
- Has great customer communication skills and can support the Gladly Sales, Marketing, and Solution Consulting teams to win deals and put customers at ease.
- Has some experience with security and compliance matters. You’ll partner with a specialist (so you don’t need to know the details), but you still need to understand the basics of web application, cloud and data security and the tradeoffs involved in compliance (eg PCI, SOC 2, HIPAA).
- Has experience with some of the tools and platforms that we use to develop and serve our software, such as AWS, Snowflake, Kubernetes, Kafka, and Elastic Search.
- Is fluent with metrics, both for decision-making and for the creation and maintenance of cost models, which will influence engineering investments across the company.
- And you don’t have to be funny, but it doesn’t hurt if you can crack a joke.
Requirements for the role
- At least 5 years experience as a product manager. You’ll have the opportunity/expectation to manage complex projects across several teams, so you must have done this before.
- Significant technical experience (and interest) with SaaS infrastructure, to understand tradeoffs and the value of different approaches, from day one. Coding itself isn’t required for the role, but you should be up-to-date with cloud infrastructure and we’ll count on you to translate technical notions to a non-technical audience (and vice-versa).
- Startup skills: curiosity, initiative, tenacity, humility and being comfortable with ambiguity. This means orienting yourself around articulating a hypothesis and quickly validating/iterating, instead of anchoring on long, multi-year plans. If you thrive when learning and can adjust course (with data) quickly, you’d fit very well.
- You don’t need CRM or contact center experience, but a background in SaaS applications is valuable.
Working at Gladly
People are not just at the heart of our product: they’re at the heart of our company, and that’s what we value most.
- We value diverse perspectives and hire new people to enrich our mix, not keep it the same.
- We believe in open communication and share in an inclusive, open culture.
- We learn from each other, and we help each other learn.
- We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, so we don’t spend our entire lives in the office.
- We have a collaborative culture of mutual respect – many of us are working together for a second and even a third time.
And you can also count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Fitness Stipend
This role is remote but with quarterly opportunities to get together with the Gladly team in person. Gladly is very well funded by Greylock Partners, NEA and GGV Capital.