Senior Production / Reliability Engineer
Create, Trade, Hold
Senior Production / Reliability Engineer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
We are looking for a Senior Production/Reliability Engineer, a blend of pragmatic operator and software craftsperson that applies sound engineering principles to join our CowSwap team. You’ll be joining a distributed team with offices in Berlin & Lisbon and some fully remote people. You will be a part of our development team building new features and automation to help us run our systems smoothly. You will also be working closely with Gnosis’ DevOps team to improve our infrastructure setup and release processes.
We believe in a redistributed future. Gnosis builds new market mechanisms to make this future possible. Through decentralized platforms on the Ethereum blockchain, we enable the distribution of resources—from assets to incentives, and information to ideas—at individual, societal, and global scales.
Our products are interoperable, allowing you to create, trade, and hold assets. Our decentralized platforms and applications provide foundational infrastructure, assuring security, stability, and foresight for the longevity of blockchain-driven technologies.
In this role, you will contribute to our decentralized batch exchange protocol (CowSwap) which enables access to fair and arbitrage-free marketplaces.
Join in on our mission to build a permissionless and decentralised future!
Our tech stack:
- Product Code: Mainly Rust, some C++, Python & typescript
- Observability Tools: Prometheus, Kibana, Elastic Search, Grafana, Elastalert
- Cloud Service Tools: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Continuous Integration Services: GitHub Actions, GitLab CI
- Operating systems: Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Debian, Alpine)
What you’ll do:
- Plan the growth of CowSwap’s infrastructure going forward
- Implement and teach improved observability/monitoring practices
- Assist our on-call when issues do happen to prevent them from escalating?
- Design, automate and test procedures for incident management and disaster recovery
- Plan and lead automation projects that improve developer velocity
- Improve our deployment process to make it as boring as possible
- Run our infrastructure with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Raise the bar on our on-call practices
Who you are:
- You like thinking about edge cases, failure modes, and adversarial behaviors in IT Systems.
- You know your way around Unix and the Linux Shell
- You have strong programming skills in at least one language
- You have experience with observability tools like Grafana or ElasticSearch
- You have experience with Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar
- You show a high level of commitment and take ownership of your tasks. You are able to deal with ambiguity, enjoy working with little supervision and are a good communicator.
It’s a plus if you bring:
- Understanding of the Ethereum blockchain/ecosystem
- Rust knowledge
- Statistics knowledge (in the context of anomaly detection)
What we can offer you:
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are at the core of our culture.
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you with all the tools you need!
- We also offer competitive pay both in terms of fixed salary as well as with a generous token plan (think StartUp equity)
- But most importantly - grow with us! We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there’s a lot of opportunities for you at Gnosis/CowSwap. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!
At Gnosis, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
People also viewed
Site Reliability Engineer
Software Engineer (C++)
Software Engineer (Frontend)
Software Engineer (Backend)
Senior Software Engineer - Venture
Senior Software Engineer
Junior Front End/Full Stack Software Engineer
Staff Frontend Engineer