Senior Full-Stack Engineer Ruby / React.js or Ember.js
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Want to work on the future of recruiting?
Simply send us your profile in addition or optionally your Github handle. We are happy to hear from you. Diversity and equal opportunity are important to us. We are happy about the interest of all candidates and strive to provide feedback as quickly as possible.
GOhiring is a profitable, fast growing B2B SaaS company that empowers thousands of enterprise customers to make data-based recruitment decisions. Our great international team of 25 hand picked geeks is passionate about technology and data – working remotely since 2012. If you would like to work with nice and talented people in a software company that cares about thought-through processes, we are waiting for you!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby / React.js or Ember.js) – f/m/d to join our profitable, remote-first B2B SaaS company. Join us on our mission to empower thousands of enterprise customers to make data-based recruitment decisions. You will be working on the full stack of the whole product ecosystem, contributing to tasks of all sizes. We are proud of our top-notch tech stack and are serious about following best practices (CI, TDD, PRs, code reviews, good design practices). If you are a creative problem solver who loves code quality and thought-through processes, an international remote-first workplace is waiting for you!
- You’re not just a little cog in a big wheel: You will work on the full stack of the whole product-ecosystem and contribute to tasks of all sizes (including developing products from scratch)
- You’re a creative problem solver: You will implement impactful and sustainable solutions to complex and varying challenges
- You make a difference: As an integral part of an experienced development team you’ll work in close collaboration with product managers, testers and our data warehouse team (suggestions in the stack, architecture or patterns which might improve our code base/processes are welcome)
- Frontend transition: Help us standardize the way we do frontend in our transition towards React (from custom JS)
- We love code quality and don’t like putting out fires: Work on our up to date tech stack and follow best practices with us (CI, TDD, PRs, code reviews and good design practices). Proactively monitor and optimise for security and performance
- At least 5 years of experience in software development and at least 2 years of experience with Ruby and React.js or Ember.js
- Advocate of high code quality and engineering best practices
- Profound knowledge about API design and first experience with application scalability and performance optimisation (ideally with Heroku, Docker and AWS)
- You’re located +-4 hours Central European Time (CET)
- Fluent in English
- A small cluster of microservices. Hosted on Heroku, supported by AWS (RDS, S3, CloudFront, CloudWatch), with RabbitMQ for async communication. Docker for easy development setup
- Ruby, Rails, Postgres, React.js and Ember.js
- REST, JSON API
- CircleCI. Unit tests, integration tests and linters everywhere
- GitHub. 100% commitment to code review
- ZenHub for seamless kanban project management in GitHub
- Making a big difference in a small team: We celebrate the benefits of a small team – direct collaboration, creative freedom, growing and learning together. You’ll never be just a little cog in a big wheel, but always be part of the big picture
- The perfect environment to grow: You’ll not only work with a top-notch tech stack, but find optimum conditions to grow – professionally and personally
- You will join a senior engineering and product team that is really, really serious about code quality and best practices: Work on challenging, interesting problems while relying on thought-through processes and a setup that just works
- Award winning remote setup that connects people: Meet the team for one week twice a year in varying locations in Europe (join now to be part of our next offsite on Ibiza in 2022 )
- Work equipment of your choice: For your mobile job you will receive a laptop and technical setup of your choice. We’ll also take care of your mobile phone and internet contract
- Competitive salary package: Base salary plus performance-related company-wide bonus and employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
People also viewed
Senior Software Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Backend and Infrastructure Engineer, Aselo
Open Source Support Engineer
Support Engineer, WordPress VIP (EMEA)
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
React Motion Developer
Web3 React Developer