Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
At Ignite (formerly Tendermint), we empower people to engage with blockchain technology and create a fairer, more transparent world. Through easy-to-use applications and tools, including Starport and Emeris, we make it accessible to everyone to join in the creation of the decentralized web. Together, we’re igniting change, accelerating the growth of innovative ideas, and democratizing financial opportunities.
As the creators of Cosmos (ATOM), Ignite has played an integral role in building the Internet of Blockchains, the world’s largest interoperable blockchain ecosystem that secures billions of dollars in digital assets. We’re proud of our past and excited by the future and the many more lives we can touch with this transformative technology.
How we work
We focus on talent rather than location to hire the very best person for every role. Open communication is vital, and we use the best tools to collaborate efficiently. Everyone has the autonomy to create their best work, which we reward with unlimited growth potential. Ignite is remote-first, and to support your working life, we offer carefully considered benefits and hold regular team and company-wide meetings, watercooler sessions, and twice-yearly in-person off-sites, to encourage collaboration and interaction between teams.
You have the flexibility to work the hours best suited to your lifestyle; as long as you deliver consistent quality work, the sky’s the limit! You will be required to be available from 8 am - 12 noon PST when we bring our people together to contribute to our all-hands sessions. We value diversity, inclusivity, kindness, and respect. Ignite is a place where talent thrives and you’ll have the opportunity to carve out an exciting career trajectory best suited to your unique skills and interests.
About the role
We are seeking a passionate and empathetic Creative Director to shepherd a talented group of creatives in our fast-growing Design team. Your unique skills and experience will be key in bringing creative visions to life, crafting progressive brands and identities for the next generation of digital experiences. You will be leading a team that conceptualizes, produces, and raises the standards for high-quality creative work that drives the communication of our various brands and products in a game-changing industry – widely referred to as “web3”.
This is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of the internet by defining how communities, organizations, and institutions worldwide learn about and interact with new paradigms of digital-native assets powered by blockchain technology. You will be joining a creative team that shapes the transition to a decentralized future using intuitive solutions that empower people to engage with blockchain technology and unlock its unlimited potential. Your vision will help to create a more transparent and equitable world.
What you will be doing:
- As Creative Director, you will brainstorm, coordinate, and collaborate with creatives to contribute to the bigger-picture brand and marketing objectives.
- You will report to our Director of Design and ensure that creative campaigns are executed to perfection, in harmony with our organization-wide design strategy.
- From ideation to implementation, you will manage the creation of original ideas and compelling designs that are engaging and industry-leading.
- Your creative vision will be realized through various mediums – web, video, 3D, NFT projects, physical events, and more – that inspire you to explore new possibilities for product brands in the ever-evolving blockchain space, experimenting with bleeding-edge tech along the way.
- Be accountable for the successful and timely execution of assigned creative projects across advertising, social and web-based marketing channels.
- Explore, problem-solve, and communicate ideas to stakeholders in visual explorations and compelling presentations.
- Provide creative insight to the Marketing team to run experimental campaigns that deliver data-driven results to support the growth of our user base.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with short feedback loops, making reasoned prioritization choices alongside the Marketing team.
- Be involved in decision-making at all project phases for your product area (including planning, strategy, tactical, QA, analysis, decision-making, implementation, and retrospectives).
- Proactively identify blockers, opportunities, and improvements and institute lightweight and practical design processes for your team.
- Partner with external creative agencies to collaborate on various projects, coordinating parallel efforts in your team.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, advertising, or related field preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience leading a team of independent, high-performing designers.
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing your design, branding, and conceptual abilities.
- A creative and inquisitive mind with a great sense of aesthetics and a deep understanding of the creative process.
- Excellent experience with common design tools such as Adobe CS, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- The ability to lead and collaborate as part of a team, handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and manage (sometimes differing) requirements from various stakeholders.
- Some unique combination of the following qualities: progressive, humble, empathic, detail-oriented, self-aware, curious, thoughtful, and tenacious.
- Willing to embrace better ideas, eager to improve things, open to challenges and possibilities.
- (Bonus) A genuine passion for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity
Ignite in the news:
People also viewed
Principal Visual Designer
Senior Product Designer, AI
Blockchain Jobs / Cryptocurrency Jobs
Principal Brand Designer
Senior Design Manager, Brand & Marketing
Senior Visual Designer
Senior UX Designer