Principal Product Designer
At Ignite (formerly Tendermint), we empower people to engage with blockchain technology and create a fairer, more transparent world. Through easy-to-use applications and tools, including Starport and Emeris, we make it accessible to everyone to join in the creation of the decentralized web. Together, we’re igniting change, accelerating the growth of innovative ideas, and democratizing financial opportunities.
As the creators of Cosmos (ATOM), Ignite has played an integral role in building the Internet of Blockchains, the world’s largest interoperable blockchain ecosystem that secures billions of dollars in digital assets. We’re proud of our past and excited by the future and the many more lives we can touch with this transformative technology.
How we work
We focus on talent rather than location to hire the very best person for every role. Open communication is vital, and we use the best tools to collaborate efficiently. Everyone has the autonomy to create their best work, which we reward with unlimited growth potential. Ignite is remote-first, and to support your working life, we offer carefully considered benefits and hold regular team and company-wide meetings, watercooler sessions, and twice-yearly in person off-sites, to encourage collaboration and interaction between teams.
You have the flexibility to work the hours best suited to your lifestyle; as long as you deliver consistent quality work, the sky’s the limit! You will be required to be available from 8 am - 12 noon PST when we bring our people together to contribute to our all-hands sessions. We value diversity, inclusivity, kindness, and respect. Ignite is a place where talent thrives and you’ll have the opportunity to carve out an exciting career trajectory best suited to your unique skills and interests.
About the role
Our Design team is seeking a talented product designer with extensive experience designing user-friendly products with functional, intuitive, and beautiful web and mobile app interfaces. If you are a motivated and versatile individual who thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment and isn’t phased by bleeding-edge tech and the design challenges that come along the way, you’ve come to the right place! Your work will be hugely impactful, as your design solutions will be used by a rapidly growing, worldwide community of crypto users.
Our vision for Emeris is to make the benefits of eco-friendly blockchain more safe, intuitive, and welcoming for everyone, and we’re looking for seasoned, forward-thinking designers to help us build that future. Emeris started as a DeFi (decentralized finance) management and discovery tool, but will soon become a portal to the broader world of blockchain-based experiences.
The success of any truly innovative product depends upon a robust experience built on a rich understanding of user needs, and a disciplined application of mature design craft to the emerging world. With Emeris, we aim to create the reference experience for clarity and quality, and raise the bar for the entire industry. You’ll play a pivotal role to help us get there—working end to-end through the product development process to define, design, and deliver breakthrough web and mobile experiences that help our users manage their crypto assets, discover opportunities for earning, community building and more.
You’ll make full use of your wide-ranging experience and tactical depth, applying your qualitative research skills to discover the nuances of user mindsets, establish experience priorities, design flows and documentation for low- to high-fidelity, give and receive feedback, test and iterate solutions, and build a thoughtful case for key design decisions. Along with your work on Emeris, you’ll help the broader Ignite Design team mature our product design practice, and contribute to new standards and tools that help users navigate the uncharted world of blockchain. In every project, you’ll collaborate closely with product management, engineering, and other partners to find elegant solutions to complex technical problems—many of which will venture into uncharted territory with new and exciting opportunities for design innovation.
We expect you to bring a wealth of experience in using modern product design practices to bring complex products to life—from research to ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to production, and beyond. We trust you to be a master of your craft and respect your unique approach to raising the bar.
Nevertheless, here are some things we’re specifically looking for:
- You understand how design influences product strategy, and influence not only how to build, but what to build.
- You take initiative to build alignment for systemic design decisions, using your facilitation and communication skills to ensure high-quality design that accounts for experience, technical, and business considerations.
- You contribute to cross-product experience strategy.
- You have great taste, and a sharp eye for the fine details of beautiful visual design.
- You know how and when to make tradeoffs between long-term ideals, near term delivery, and iterative progress.
- You prioritize clarity and elegance in your design solutions.
- You’ve architected, designed, and maintained component libraries used in production environments.
- You’re prepared to dive into all aspects of the product development process—including product marketing.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can clearly articulate the rationale for design decisions.
- You aren’t shy to give or receive feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- You have extensive experience working effectively with on cross-functional product teams (collaborating closely with developers, product managers, etc.).
- You know how to plan, execute, and synthesize basic qualitative research.
- You’re self-motivated and driven to explore the unknown, unprompted.- You’re an active mentor to other designers.
- You take initiative to improve design practice, introducing tools and methods that help everyone work better together.
- You contribute to maturing the broader design community, and synthesize emerging trends to inform design decisions and product strategy.
- You have experience with blockchain technology or crypto.
- You’ve worked on large-scale platform experiences.
- You’ve contributed to building or maturing an organization’s design practice.
- You have experience building design systems.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and well-being spend.
- Flexible PTO.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance is 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity.
To apply, please go through our online application process and include a cover letter with a link to your portfolio.
Ignite in the news:
Please let Ignite know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Senior Product Designer
Product Designer - Frontend Platform
Senior Product Designer
Lead Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Staff Product Designer, Design Systems