Business Development Proposal Writer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Terms of Reference (ToR) for Business Development Proposal Writer
Who we are:
Includovate is a research incubator and social enterprise that designs solutions for inequality and exclusion. Includovate believes in designing interventions and using research to reshape the social, political, economic, and environmental systems that perpetuate injustice. Via the process of ‘system change’, we focus on complex issues that impact on the poor and excluded.
We adopt an action-oriented approach to change mindsets and structural conditions that keep unequal systems in place. We model our beliefs. We employ people living with a disability in our business, as researchers, employees, managers, and advocates. We firmly believe that diversity is essential to ensure our solutions suit the maximum number of people. The more diverse the problem-solving process, the longer the solutions last.
Includovate leads the way in using emerging methodologies and innovative practices. Includovate builds the capacity of local researchers to lead, publish and improve the quality of the research performed in low-income countries.
Proposal Writing and Coordination
- Follow the Proposal Writing process.
- Assist in examining the current proposal writing process and quality.
- Prepare high quality and timely proposals in line with Includovate’s requirements.
- Undertake research and maintain knowledge of researchers and other team members.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of research methodologies.
- Coordination of proposal team members as directed and/or for assigned accounts/programs.
- Lead the development of high quality proposals as assigned by the Business Development Manager.
- Ensure timeliness and compliance of technical and cost proposals (submissions) by managing proposal calendars, compliance checklists, trackers, etc.
- Lead manage and capture business development activities by temporary staff working on activities (e.g opportunity identification and qualification, bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships, and strategic teaming agreements).
Collaboration & Negotiation
- Negotiate with current and proposed clients on terms of grants whilst building trustworthy relationships for further cooperation.
- Contribute to the whole Business Development team’s execution of a winning capture strategy and shaping new business opportunities to match company capabilities and experience.
- Assist the Partnership and Communications team in the execution of the Partnership strategy as required.
- Oversee the implementation of won contracts through the handover process to program management.
Cadence and Research
- Follow up feedback and close dates on deals with submitted proposals.
- Precise and accurate data entry and cadence of the pipeline process and CRM.
Development and Growth
- Research and assess Leads as required.
- Build, encourage and maintain long-term relationships with key stakeholders.
- Suggest measures for improving customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Develop business plans with the assigned accounts as the business grows.
- Design, propose and develop strategic development of assigned accounts as the business grows.
- Provide assistance with implementing suggested plans and strategies.
Skills and qualifications
- You should be proficient in reading and writing in English! (Native English speakers/ or those fluent in grammar preferred)
- You should be great in formatting on google docs or word
- You should be pro-active and willing to undertake tasks with focus
- You should be a storyteller and good communicator
- Interested in the development sector and a committed feminist
- You are a feminist.
- You take smart risks.
- You are creative and curious.
- You learn eagerly and rapidly.
- You have new ideas that prove useful.
- You are a self starter and are self motivated.
- You enjoy building the capacity of researchers.
- You’re concise and articulate in your communications.
- You believe in gender equality and equal opportunity.
- You are quick to admit mistakes and seek to learn from them.
- You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- You are democratic leader and reject command-and-control structures.
- You have a thick skin and think of critical feedback as a growth opportunity.
- You make wise decisions (people, technical, business and creative) despite ambiguity.
- You have a high level of interpersonal communication skills and can work in a fast-paced environment.
An initial 6month contract renewed subjects to finances and successful 3 months probation period.
Includovate is about reducing inequality. Therefore, we encourage suitable candidates living with a disability and females to apply. We offer flexible working arrangements and part-time hours if needed.
Includovate is a research incubator that designs solutions for inequality and exclusion. Includovate believes in designing interventions and using research to reshape the social, political, economic and environmental systems that perpetuate injustice. Via the process of ‘systems change’, we focus on complex issues that affect the poor and excluded. We adopt an action-oriented approach to change mindsets and structural conditions that keep unequal systems in place. The result is bespoke and manageable innovations that lead to lasting gender equality and social inclusion.
We model our beliefs. We employ people living with a disability in our business, as researchers, employees, managers and advocates. We firmly believe that diversity is essential to ensure our solutions suit the maximum number of people. The more diverse the problem-solving process, the longer the solutions last. Includovate leads the way in using emerging methodologies and innovative practices.
As a social enterprise, Includovate invests some of its profits into independent research. It builds the capacity of local researchers to lead, publish and improve the quality of the research performed in low-income countries. Includovate employs southern researchers to lead the design of solutions and collaborates with international experts who contribute to methodological excellence and theoretical knowledge. By helping more researchers of the Global South publish, Includovate shifts the power balance of knowledge creation to those with less power.
Includovate believes in flat power and rejects autocratic and centralised structures that hinder participation, collaboration and open dialogue.
People also viewed
Content Marketing Specialist
Content Marketing Manager
Senior Social Media Strategist
Senior Global Communications Specialist
Production Manager, Video
Ten Percent Happier
Senior Product Marketing Manager