Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Are you a UX designer who loves to write about design? Do you love to enable people to become better designers by teaching and communicating the power of great design?
The Interaction Design Foundation is the biggest online design school globally. Founded in 2002, we have over 115,000 graduates and counting. We are on a mission to create the best possible content related to UX Design, and we want you to help us on this mission.
If you want the opportunity to do the best work of your life and you are hungry to develop yourself professionally even more, then you’ve come to the right place!
What can we offer?
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- You will have daily video-based contact with your colleagues and will get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times a year in different places on the planet.
- The chance to work alongside a team of true professionals to realize the goal of creating the best design school in the world.
- A culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect.
What will you be doing?
You will be a part of the Growth and Editorial teams. Since we embrace cross-team collaboration, you will likely also work with our Design, Bootcamps, Course Editors and Development teams. Your responsibilities will have several dimensions which can even be adapted to your skills and interests to an extent.
Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey on which you will make an impact as you:
- Create and improve world-class educational materials on topics such as UX, UI, Design Thinking and more—in the form of articles, engaging videos, design templates, portfolio exercises, and much more.
- Help push the quality of our educational materials to new heights—exceeding the very best in both industry and academia.
- Participate in the editorial processes behind creating courses for tens of thousands of designers worldwide. You’ll work with some of the world’s best instructors and create, as well as edit, video-based and text-based online courses.
- Apply your editorial skills in helping your colleagues grow and become better communicators, educators and writers; just as they will help you.
- Support IxDF content writers, community managers and social media teams to bring a real UX designer’s perspective to all dimensions of our content, marketing and communication.
If you want even more opportunities to show the world what you can do, you’re in luck! When you’re willing to do the hard work of learning and growing, then you’ll find virtually limitless opportunities with us.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in UX/UI design and have a keen sense of communication. As a result, you have up-to-date knowledge of what UX designers need to learn, upskill and grow their careers.
- You have your finger on the pulse of what the UX community likes to read, watch and learn about, and you have enough content-creation skills to produce the kind of material that the community is seeking.
- Communication is an art you live and breathe. You know how to reach into the lofty heights where abstract ideas live—and bring them down to the “street level” so our students can hit the ground running with the valuable lessons you help them easily digest.
- You are an expert wordsmith with an eagle eye for the tiniest details and a keen ear for flow.
- You have adequate graphic design skills to create image-based content to support social media and articles.
- You are used to managing diverse responsibilities, and you are adept at dividing broad duties into small, executable tasks without losing sight of your overall goal. “Getting stuff done” is your middle name.
- You are a practical idealist. You strive for perfection in everything you do, but you are keenly aware of the delays that can come with waiting for something to be perfect. You know how to create great results through incremental quick wins and MVPs, and when to go all in to create something perfect.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement and goals. Mediocrity gives you the chills.
- You have experience translating design know-how into documentation or reference material for other designers, or for people outside the design world.
- You know that you will only accomplish your goals through solid judgement, hard work and diligence.
- You have strong social intelligence and empathy—and the ability to engage well with different types of people through writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Experience, HCI, Information Technology, Communications or another related field—or enough industry experience in UI, UX and HCI in the absence of such an academic background.
- You speak and write in English with native fluency.
You get bonus points if you …
- have past experience as a design teacher, mentor, coach or facilitator.
- have your own blog or successful social media page where you create original content about UX and UI design
- have worked as an editor or created online courses.
- have experience as a team lead.
- have worked with video production.
- have experience with working remotely.
About Interaction Design Foundation
People also viewed
Senior Customer Success Manager
Strategic Account Executive - EMEA
Senior SEO Manager
Customer Support Advocate, Tier 1
Business Development Operations Lead
Principal Product Designer