UI Design Bootcamp Course Coordinator
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Are you a UI Designer with 10+ years of experience and a natural ability to inspire and grow new talent? Do you want touse your experience and knowledge to help students around the world to kick–start their careers in UI design?
Here is an opportunity to directly shape the lives and careers of aspiring designers, and help create a generation of designers that improve the world with the biggest online design school and its fully-remote team, as a Course Coordinator for the UI Design Bootcamp.
In this full-time role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the world and combine your experience as a UI Designer and your passion for teaching. As Bootcamp Course Coordinator, you’ll manage teams of course facilitators and help create the most student-centric learning experience possible. Create your lasting legacy as a designer by inspiring and guiding a new generation of designers!
The Interaction Design Foundation is on a mission to create the best possible content related to UX/UI Design, and we want you to help us on this mission!
What can we offer?
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- You will have daily video-based contact with your colleagues and will get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times a year in different places on the planet.
- The chance to work alongside a team of true professionals to realize the goal of creating the best design school in the world.
- A culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect.
What will you be doing?
As Bootcamp Course Coordinator, you’re responsible for the creation, execution, implementation and resourcing of your Bootcamp Course. Additional responsibilities include participating in the recruiting, performance, onboarding and continual evaluation of the Bootcamp Facilitators in your respective Bootcamp.
We embrace cross-team collaboration, you will likely also work with our Design, Bootcamps, Course Editors and Development teams. Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey on which you will make an impact as you:
- Engage with students through live video instruction where you demonstrate your own mastery of the concepts that you teach.
- Develop, implement and improve upon new course material in accordance to the Bootcamp Course Framework set out in collaboration with the Head of Bootcamps.
- Ensure that the Bootcamp Facilitators in your team realize and deliver on our mission/vision and understand the importance of the role they are fulfilling.
- Implement and systematize an onboarding and performance management process for your Bootcamp Facilitators to ensure optimal performance.
- Help push the quality of our educational materials to new heights—exceeding the very best in both industry and academia.
- Participate in the editorial processes behind creating courses for tens of thousands of designers worldwide. You’ll work with some of the world’s best instructors and create, as well as edit, video-based and text-based online courses.
- Support IxDF content writers, community managers and social media teams to bring a real UX designer’s perspective to all dimensions of our content, marketing and communication.
- You have at least 10 years of experience working in UX/UI design (with a specialization in UI) and have a keen sense of communication. As a result, you have up-to-date knowledge of what UX designers need to learn, upskill and grow their careers.
- You have your finger on the pulse of what the UX community likes to read, watch and learn about, and you have enough content-creation skills to produce the kind of material that the community is seeking.
- Communication is an art you live and breathe. You know how to reach into the lofty heights where abstract ideas live—and bring them down to the “street level” so our students can hit the ground running with the valuable lessons you help them easily digest.
- You have a proven ability to champion and empower students, especially aspiring designers and demonstrate/explain design processes, design thinking and user-centered design.
- You have a proven ability to help students recognize the psychology of design and user experience.
- You are an expert wordsmith with an eagle eye for the tiniest details and a keen ear for flow.
- You are used to managing diverse responsibilities, and you are adept at dividing broad duties into small, executable tasks without losing sight of your overall goal. “Getting stuff done” is your middle name.
- You are a practical idealist. You strive for perfection in everything you do, but you are keenly aware of the delays that can come with waiting for something to be perfect. You know how to create great results through incremental quick wins and MVPs, and when to go all in to create something perfect.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement and goals. Mediocrity gives you the chills.
- You have experience translating design know-how into documentation or reference material for other designers, or for people outside the design world.
- You know that you will only accomplish your goals through solid judgement, hard work and diligence.
- You have strong social intelligence and empathy—and the ability to engage well with different types of people through writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in User Experience, HCI, Information Technology, Communications or another related field—or enough industry experience in UI, UX and/or HCI in the absence of such an academic background.
- You speak and write in English with native fluency.
You get bonus points if you …
- have held a leadership role as a UX designer.
- have past experience as a design teacher, mentor, coach or facilitator.
- are tech-savvy and are profoundly familiar with web tools and popular design software.
- have experience with working remotely.
About Interaction Design Foundation
People also viewed
Brand and UI Designer
Principal Brand Designer
Senior Product Designer, Mobile
Senior Content Designer
Digital Design Manager
Blockchain Jobs / Cryptocurrency Jobs