UX Bootcamp Mentor
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Are you an experienced UX designer who loves to guide and help aspiring designers? Do you find joy in enabling people to become better designers and in teaching others the power of great design? Are you a design practitioner with a hidden passion for teaching? Then you might be just the right person to be a Mentor in our Design Bootcamps!
We’re looking for Bootcamp Mentors to help deliver the most student-centric UX design bootcamps on the planet. As the world’s largest online design school, we’ve already helped over 90,000 graduates to improve their skills and careers—but we’re just getting started! Our upcoming design bootcamps need talented and experienced Mentors who can guide an entire generation of aspiring UX designers.
What you will be doing
As a Bootcamp Mentor, you will be responsible for the learning journeys of your students. In this role, you will:
- Guide your students and maximize their learning through lessons and project work
- Provide timely and actionable critique to help students to improve their skills and subject matter expertise
- Help students identify their unique strengths and opportunities
- Work with Bootcamp Instructors to constantly deliver the best possible learning experience for students
- Facilitate group critique and brainstorming sessions to enable your students to learn with and from each other
Our students are at the very core of our mission, and we constantly strive to serve them as best we can. As a Bootcamp Mentor, you will drive this objective through your innate desire to teach and help students grow. This is a part-time role, where you’re expected to work at least 15 hours per week. So if you’re a full-time UX professional looking to fulfill a passion for teaching and mentoring alongside your current role, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in User Experience (UX) Design or UX Research
- You have an expert understanding of, and ability to mentor students in:
- UX Design
- UX Research
- Visual Design
- You are adept in your ability to demonstrate and explain design processes, design thinking and user-centered design
- You have a proven ability to champion and empower students, especially aspiring designers
- You are empathetic and take great joy in advocating for your students
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You are technical savvy and are deeply familiar with web tools and popular design software
- You have a reliable high-speed internet connection, and devices with video conferencing capabilities
You get bonus points if you…
- Have past experience as a design teacher, mentor, coach or facilitator
- Have experience working remotely
About Interaction Design Foundation
People also viewed
Finance Manager:in / Accountant (German-speaking)
Talent & Culture (HR) Coordinator
Chief of Staff
Inside Sales Representative
Full-stack Developer (React/Node)
Digital Design Manager
Sales Development Representative
Head of Design
Capital Markets Operations Manager