Manager/Senior Manager, Impact
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.4 billion in loan capital for 3.6 million borrowers in 95 countries. Our lenders fund over $13 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
In 2019, Kiva launched Kiva Capital, our asset management subsidiary that manages impact-first return bearing vehicles for the world’s leading impact investors. Kiva Capital is looking for a talented and highly motivated Impact Manager to join our team.
As part of a growing Kiva Capital team, the Impact Manager will lead MEL (monitoring, evaluation, and learning) efforts driving Kiva’s expansion into new investment instruments across multiple funds and impact investment strategies. The Impact Manager will play a prominent role in the design of a new gender-lens impact investment fund called the Kiva Invest in Women Fund (K-IWF), in partnership with USAID INVEST.
This role will join Kiva’s impact team, which is responsible for Kiva’s impact frameworks, operationalization, and strategy across all of Kiva’s impact lines. This role will report to the Director of Impact, and have close interaction with the Managing Director of K-IWF as well as the wider investments team.All members of the impact team often work cross-functionally, working closely with Strategic Partnerships, Product, Marketing, and Engineering.
This role will be filled at either the Manager or Senior Manager level, depending on qualifications and experience. This role can be fully remote within the US, or based in one of our following office locations: Bogota, Colombia; Portland, OR; Nairobi, Kenya; New York, NY; and San Francisco, CA.
Research design, data collection and data management
- Design, implement, and manage our overall research and evaluation systems – including measurement plans, key indicators, theories of change, data collection protocols, vendor management, and project management
- In partnership with Kiva’s K-IWF team, design a set of measurement and evaluation tools to track success of the fund from an Impact perspective; including alignment with the W-GDP Pillars for Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Oversee process to collect impact data from our lending partners to measure impact scores and report on key metrics for internal and external stakeholders
- Own the research design, execution (including vendor management), and outputs of our in-field impact assessments
- Maintain data management system for all impact data and associated scoring models; manage changes and additions to models as needed
- Work effectively with Investment Managers to align and operationalize our impact strategies into the investment process
- Work closely with the Kiva team, external evaluators, academics, and funders to establish right-fit evaluation questions and methodologies
Data analysis, insights, and communication
- Analyze internal and external data, synthesize raw information into insights, recommendations, dashboards, and reports
- Create and maintain models for goals and projections
- Conduct ad hoc data analysis to inform Kiva Capital (and thematic fund-specific) strategy
- Work closely with Strategic Partnerships, Data Science, Marketing, and Product to help deliver broader business value through data and analytics
- Set the quality standards for Kiva’s global development research in the sectors and regions we fund by keeping track of trends, academic research, and news
- Disseminate key synthesized reports; craft multi-audience content pieces on regular basis
- Develop learning products and distill external research to strengthen Kiva’s wider thought leadership and engagement, informing K-IWF’s learning framework
- Support the execution of a Global Learning Forum in 2021, bringing together leading stakeholders in the Gender Lens Investing community
- 3 to 5 years work experience in analytics, monitoring and evaluation, and/or international development with a quantitative focus
- Demonstrated knowledge of field data collection, survey methodology, quality control of data, presentation of data, and data management
- Ability to think creatively and provide thoughtful, agile insights
- Ability to develop, automate, visualize, analyze, and communicate reporting
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Experience in a start-up or other fast-paced environment
- Strong data analysis skills, particularly using Excel and SQL
- Knowledge of R, SPSS, or other statistical language
- Graduate degree in Economics, Mathematics, or Business
- Gender Lens Investing experience
- Microfinance and/or Impact Investing funds experience
- Prior client-facing responsibilities
- Vendor management experience
- Familiarity with grants and/or funds
- Strong writing ability including synthesized outputs
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.