Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Kodeco is seeking a full-time Product Designer to build the future of learning!
Kodeco is an e-learning platform that houses the largest and most up-to-date collection of courses on iOS, Swift, Android, Kotlin, Flutter, Dart, Server-Side Swift, Unity, and more. Previously known as raywenderlich.com, our products have made a difference in the lives of thousands of developers across the world, helping them to get their first job as a mobile developer, grow their careers as part of a dev team, or create the app of their dreams.
We are a small but tight-knit team of 20 core team members from the United States, South Africa, the United Kingdom, India, Germany, the Philippines, Kenya and Canada, with a goal of building the best online education platform for developers around the world.
About the role
As a product designer, you will play a crucial role in creating world-class learning experiences for Kodeco’s SaaS application. You will work closely with the product manager to understand our users’ needs and translate them into solutions that meet our business goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with the product manager, engineers, and other stakeholders to define product requirements and develop design solutions.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to inform design decisions.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups that effectively communicate design concepts and user flows.
- Create engaging, innovative, and visually appealing designs using a design system to ensure consistency and efficiency in the design process.
- Maintain our design system, Murakami.
- Work with developers to ensure that designs are implemented accurately and efficiently.
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends and technologies, and use this knowledge to inform design decisions.
- 3-5 years of experience as a product designer, with a strong portfolio that showcases your design skills and process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to design innovative solutions that meet user needs.
- Experience working in a fully remote environment.
- Proficiency in Figma.
- Experience with user research and usability testing.
- Familiarity with building and maintaining design systems.
- Familiarity with HTML / CSS
- Strong UI design skills
- Experience working with ed-tech / e-learning applications
What we offer
- 100% remote working! (worldwide)
- Competitive annual salary ($75–$85k USD)
- A premium health plan starting on your first day
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with matching starting your first day (US only)
- Unlimited PTO
- Equipment budget
- Professional development budget for work-related learning materials
- Work with a friendly, motivated & unique team
How to apply
Please send an email to [email protected] – include a PDF of your CV, a link to your portfolio, and a blurb about why you’re interested in the role.
Our goal is to create a friendly and inclusive community of developers and educators. We welcome anyone, regardless of your age, sexual orientation, disability, physical ability, race or religion.
Our team connects from nearly every continent, and we’re proud of the diverse perspectives and experiences they bring from the tech industry to provide the best working and learning environments for each other and our learners.
We have made a public commitment to examine our own habits and biases as a company, and do our best to support equity in our industry. We welcome applicants who share our vision of diversity and inclusion as we strive to create the most high-quality content for developers worldwide.