Thorn is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to lead our digital communications. As Thorn’s Digital Marketing Manager, you will be the voice of the organization across digital properties, working across teams to deliver cohesive and inspiring messaging that serves a variety of communications needs. You will be a part of a growing and powerful marketing team that leverages their skills to further our mission.
Thorn builds technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Our online communities are critical to our mission as they support critical awareness efforts and the growth of our Annual Fund, which rallies the support that helps drive our mission forward, supports education and awareness campaigns, and can help drive product support.
If you thrive in a dynamic, virtual environment, and are passionate about the power of digital communications, with the ability to translate stories across various audiences and digital properties, we’re excited to meet you. We are looking for a unique candidate with demonstrated ability to create and implement digital communication with proven results, including the ability to leverage data and best practices to inform your strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Be Thorn’s voice across all digital properties and audiences.
- Create and maintain the content roadmap for digital communications, collaborating across the organization, with the development, programs, and product teams.
- Manage all aspects of digital communication, including content creation, social media, email campaigns, blogs, thorn.org content.
- Brainstorm creative strategies to grow and engage our targeted online community and ensure the Thorn message is reaching new and diverse audiences.
- Manage issue resolution as it arises on social or email.
- Execute content development to support annual fund strategy and communication.
- Analyze digital property and social brand performance and elevate key metrics to identify opportunities to expand our Annual Fund and support organizational OKRs.
- Identify and partner with external resources - agencies or contractors - as needed to deliver against goals.
- Stay on top of digital and nonprofit trends and leverage emerging capabilities in the digital landscape.
- Own role of internal digital educator, ensuring that teams across the organization understand and participate with Thorn’s digital and social tools, know our key online audiences and how we activate them, and understand how our digital strategies can benefit all functions.
- Be an integral part of Thorn’s marketing capacity, reporting to Head of Marketing.
Skills We’re Seeking:
- Commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- At least three years of experience in digital marketing, with significant experience managing social media, email, and blog writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to represent Thorn publicly through blogs, email, and social media.
- Flexible and willing to contribute to projects, campaigns, and communications across the organization.
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of digital platforms and measurement tools, including WordPress, social media platforms, social media management tools, and Google Analytics.
- Experience with PPC advertising (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter, etc) strongly preferred.
- History of managing email marketing campaigns. Experience with MailChimp strongly preferred.
- Experience with CRM tools is a plus, particularly Classy and Salesforce.