Thorn is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to lead and develop our product marketing strategy. The Product Marketing Manager will join the product team and take part in the complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, and messaging, you will shape the voice of the product and grow an engaged user base. You will work across the entire organization to set and execute the product marketing strategy from beginning to end. Whether we are proto-typing a nascent product or improving an existing product you take a data driven approach that is grounded in user insights.
Thorn builds technology to defend children from sexual abuse, and our products are the backbone of our impact. We join forces across law enforcement, technology partners and non-profits to stop the spread of child sexual abuse material and to stand up against child traffickers. As Thorn’s Product Marketing Manager, you will combine your deep technical aptitude, analytical skills, and word wizardry with your ability to tailor a positioning/message to a variety of audiences. You are, without a doubt, a passionate data driven marketer with the ability to quickly shift gears between details and vision, issue and solution, and execution and strategy.
What you’ll do
- Build an in-depth knowledge of our products and users.
- Produce actionable, data-driven insights to inform product marketing strategy.
- Develop and manage creative and innovative user engagement strategy. Implement plans that drive awareness, engagement and adoption. Segment users based on application engagement and develop strategic approach. Monitor and measure metrics - update and adjust approach accordingly.
- Release communications
- Impact Surveys
- Targeted outreach
- Create and monitor key performance indicators to drive user growth and engagement
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our users and represent their voice.
- Plan and write product messaging with a clear user voice. Distill complex technical concepts to an audience with a range of technical competency.
- Develop product collateral and user narratives for investigators, donors and prospects Support and collaborate with product management, marketing and government affairs teams on user engagement and growth priorities.
- Gather and compile competitive intelligence that gives the team a deep understanding of the market:
- Competitor analysis
- Product differentiators
- Market size
- Product pricing
- Develop product pricing strategy based on market size opportunity
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy
Skills we’re seeking
If you don’t have experience with some of these, fear not. You could still be a perfect fit, as long as you have the desire and ability to learn. If you don’t have the experience matching our list, but believe you have experience that achieves the same goal, we want to know about it in your cover letter.
- Commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Inspired by solving user needs.
- Ability to understand complex technical products and distill them in a meaningful way to the target audience with varying technical knowledge.
- Ability to convey product impact to donors
- Effective, persuasive and passionate communicator regardless of medium - oral, written interpersonal, or public speaking.
- At least four years of experience in market research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development and campaign execution.
- Experience planning and rolling out marketing campaigns, and the ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Experience with email campaign applications, SalesForce, Google Analytics and WalkMe.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with the ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various teams and self-motivated when working remotely.
- Strong attention to detail and energized by a fast-paced dynamic environment.