Full stack developer for good causes
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
About more onion
More onion is a digital mobilisation agency supporting progressive non-profits all over Europe with digital campaigns and fundraising. Our teams are based in Vienna, Berlin and in the UK.
Our agency work combines strategy consulting, creative communications and technical delivery. More onion also offers a software product for campaigning and fundraising called Impact Stack. The platform is used by charities in over 10 countries and has grown substantially in the past years. Developing this platform is one of the core responsibilities of our software development team where this role is created.
Technology behind Impact Stack
When we started developing Impact Stack many years ago we went for a rather monolithic approach and developed the system based on Drupal 7. In 2016 we’ve decided to switch to a micro-services architecture and started moving parts of the platform over to the new system. We’re in the middle of this process right now. The micro-services are typically developed using Flask with a Vue.js based interface.
- Participate in activities of the development team (scoping exercises, weekly sprint meetings, architecture planning, etc.)
- Development of python based applications (usually Flask)
- Development of Java Script based front end applications (usually Vue.js)
- Conduct code reviews for other dev team members as well as the support team
- Deployment and maintenance of applications
- Provide assistance to the technical support team by debugging (usually 2-3 hours, once a week)
- Support other team members, learn together, pair programming
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with software development and development with web frameworks
- Flexible when it comes to specific tasks and the technology used to solve problems
- Excitement about working with non-profits, NGOs, charities, unions and progressive organisations
- Experience with Java Script and Python as well as their development environments
- Tools such as git, gitlab, CI, vagrant and containers are part of your daily routine
- Clear, pro-active communications in writing as well as conversations (English is a must, German is nice to have)
- Ability to work fairly independently as a member of a tightly nit team
- You embrace changes in requirements and priorities
You don’t meet all of these criteria? Feel free to reach out and tell us why you think you are the right candidate anyway.
What we can offer:
- A fairly indpendent role at an innovative company, where we practice what we preach and we’re never afraid to reinvent ourselves
- Working for well known international charities and helping them create impact A development team that has established process, many years of experience and a very detailed understanding of the product and the user needs
- A wonderful team with a friendly culture and supportive colleagues
- A work environment where learning, innovation and improvement is celebrated
- Flexible working hours (with some coordiation with your manager)
- Flexible choice of work place (bonus if you can travel to our office in Vienna every 2-3 weeks to co-work with the dev team)
- A salary typical of the non-profit world: betwen € 2.000 and € 2.400 gross per month (35h per week, 14 salaries per year). The exact salary depends on your experience and administrative cost.
We want to encourage diversity in our team. We’re looking forward to your application!
To find out more check out our job page.
About more onion
People also viewed
Senior Full Stack Developer Ruby / React
Product Security Engineer
Back End Engineer (Python)
Senior Security Engineer
Staff Software Engineer - Kubernetes
Senior iOS (Swift) Developer
Senior Android Developer