Lead Data Engineer (Python)
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
NannyML is an early stage venture funded start-up. At NannyML we build enterprise software for supervising and correcting ML systems in production. That includes detecting data and concept drift, estimating performance loss and suggesting corrective actions as well as a dashboard that presents all these insights for business and technical users. Our goal is to ensure that ML systems keep adding value and that insights that can be extracted from ML systems are clearly communicated to business stakeholders. We want to make ML in production effortless to interact with and extract value from.
We value freedom with responsibility, transparency and a growth mindset. We believe in generating our own luck by trying out new stuff, always asking, constantly learning, reading and meeting new people with different world-views. We value trying new things, and appreciate that from time to time things may break in the process. Working at NannyML you will have full autonomy to make impactful decisions and prioritise and organise your work the way you see fit.
You will be working closely with the founding team. The team previously founded a machine learning consultancy, where they became experts at building machine learning systems. Our expertise is in leveraging business information, exploiting data and prototyping data solutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to help architect and build a great product as our first employee. Your expertise comes in to complement the team: you will be responsible for product development from the software and data engineering side: from designing engineering processes, through brainstorming with the founders, to architectural choices and frameworks. You will have the ownership and the decision making power to shape everything that lies between product and research. As we grow NannyML we expect you to grow with us. We envision your path may grow your position into VP of engineering or similar. You will have the opportunity to get meaningfully involved in the areas of product, engineering, hiring and people management among others.
- Integrate and productionize Data Drift detection and prediction algorithms
- Develop and deliver CI/CD, version control and testing frameworks
- Architect, design, and hands-on build the software part of NannyML
- Handle automation, infrastructure and orchestration
- Help with implementing NannyML at clients and with clients on-boarding
- You significantly contributed to building an early stage (data) product as a first engineer or a lead engineer
- You are familiar with the intricacies of data engineering and have solid DevOps experience
- Strong experience with Python in back-end development, infrastructure or data engineering
- 7+ years working as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer, Tech Lead or in a similar role
- Great communication skills in English - both oral and written
- You are extremely proactive, independent and comfortable with proposing new ideas — and holding your ground when you believe you are right
- You live in or are willing and able to relocate to EU time zones and you are open to travel occasionally
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Experience building enterprise grade software
- Significant experience with on-premise deployment and integration with enterprise IT systems.
- Basic familiarity with Machine Learning
- Masters degree in a STEM related field
- Fully Remote Working Environment
- 23+ Days of Planned Leave Annually
- Paid sick leave and private healthcare plan
- We support paid parental leave
- Home office, work and well-being allowances (for yoga, gym etc.) and other nice benefits
- Compensation: up to 85,000 EUR/year + equity
People also viewed
Customer Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Technical Writer (EMEA)
Information Security Specialist, Bug Bounty
Customer Care Support Lead (EMEA)
Back End Engineer (Python)