Senior Fullstack Product Engineer - Fundraising
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
TL;DR: Fast-growing early-stage startup seeking Senior Fullstack Software Engineer. You will help us empower the most ambitious people in the world to build the future.
This role is directed at people with substantial experience and the willingness to lead projects from inception to release. This is a 100% remote role.
About On Deck
On Deck is on a mission to build a modern education institution for the future of work.Today. On Deck has become the place top talent and ambitious builders go to accelerate their ideas and careers, empowered by a world-class community of their peers.
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer for the fundraising team with some venture experience either as an angel investor, scout for a venture capital firm or a previous founder who has raised money before.
How we work
All Software Engineers act as Product Engineers who lead projects from inception to release. We work asynchronous and remote-first. This means we cannot (and do not want to) micro-manage you. You will be given problems and will help drive solutions.
We are looking for people with experience that we – hopefully – can form teams around in the long run.
Who you are
- A strong execution-centric full-stack engineer who loves to work on community products
- You enjoy building end-to-end features and are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary.
- Experience working in the venture capital space
- Previous experience with startups raising capital
- Experience with Node, React, Postgres, GraphQL in mid-to-large sized applications.
- Demonstrates a track record of 3+ years in challenging engineering roles within startups.
- Able to lead teams and projects from end to end with technical clarity and confidence.
- Able to establish standards in codebases for others to follow.
- Detail-oriented, but able to decide what aspects of products need to be perfected and when to cut corners to ship faster.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment.
Why you might be excited about us:
- We’re tackling a big problem with even bigger potential.
- We plan to build the modern educational institution for the next 100 years.
- Customers f*ng LOVE us. Nearly one in three of our all-time customers (~700 people) have added On Deck to their Twitter bios and/or Linkedin — choosing to align their core professional identity with their participation in an On Deck program. They describe On Deck using superlatives like “life-changing,” “the best decision I ever made,” “It’s too good to be true, but it’s true,” and more.
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. On Deck was a remote-first team even before COVID, so we know what makes for a great remote environment.
- You’ll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and will be able to help define what your role and our product-engineering teams looks like going forward.
- We’re backed by over 200 world-class investors, operators, and executives, including a $20 million Series A led by Keith Rabois at Founders Fund with participation from Village Global, Balaji Srinivasan, Bloomberg Beta, and so many more.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options, you can take any PTO you need, anytime you need, and employee benefits including generous healthcare.
Our team works remotely, and we are excited about candidates globally. Please note that most of our product engineering team works between GMT-8 and GMT+3. We work fairly asynchronous but candidates from these regions will be preferred.
If you were to join On Deck, we’d want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we challenged ourselves to develop an honest set of reasons someone wouldn’t want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether On Deck is a place you’d love to work. In summary, On Deck may not be the place for you if:
- Another company’s mission gets you way more fired up.
- You want a 9-5 job.
- You do your best work in highly-structured, steady-paced, and meticulously-planned environments.
- You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
- You see differences as divisions.
You can read the details of why On Deck may not be the company for you on our Non-Values page.
About On Deck
People also viewed
Software Engineer II, Cloud
Senior Go Engineer
Lead WordPress Engineer
Entrepreneurial Startup Engineer (Tech Lead/Senior Fellowships)
Technical Support Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - API
Software Engineer, iOS