Sysadmin / DevOps Administrator
Open Tech Strategies, a provider of expert advice and services to help organizations use the advantages of open source to reach their goals, is currently seeking a part-time Development Operations and Systems Administrator to:
- Maintain a variety of servers and systems on free and open source platforms, primarily Debian GNU/Linux.
- Configure and maintain FOSS communications tools used by OTS and its clients and partners.
- Manage backups for a diverse set of systems including both OTS-built software and 3rd-party open source software.
- Help design and set up development environments, testing systems, and continuous integration services for our open source projects.
- Engage directly with OTS clients when needed. (While this role is not primarily a client-facing role, we expect it to involve direct interaction with clients from time to time. Please note that some of our clients use proprietary communications tools, e.g., Zoom, Google Docs, Slack, etc, and therefore applicants need to be willing to use such tools when interacting with those clients.)
We anticipate this work to be about 15-20 hours per week. The exact amount may vary based on skills, experience, and your own availability.
While this position is remote, applicants must be within 3 hours of either the U.S. Central or U.S. Eastern time zones, as this work involves real-time communications across the OTS team. We negotiate rates based on experience and skills. We value having a diverse team and strongly encourage members of groups that are underrepresented in software technology to apply.
OTS is committed to open source philosophically and as a business strategy. We work in public repositories using open source tools. If you have a visible open source profile — accounts on major open source project hosting sites, a trail of participation in some open source projects, etc. — please mention it when submitting your qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter, your CV or résumé, and any additional qualifications to [email protected].
Please let Open Tech Strategies know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
About Open Tech Strategies
People also viewed
DevOps - CI/CD Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Open-Source Software Engineer - PHP
Open Source Software Developer
Software Engineer - Site Reliability
Creative Technical Writer
Senior React Developer