Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn gives you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you are able to bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you could be a great fit for our team.
Last year, we took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
About the Role
Thorn is experiencing significant growth and is seeking a People Operations Coordinator to support our team. You will report to the Head of People and Culture and assist our People Operations function in providing a seamless and exceptional level of service and employee experience for Thorn’s distributed team. You will help us scale a culture wired for engagement and belonging. You will possess a drive for delivering outstanding customer service, strong attention to detail and experience in administration.
This entry-level role is a great opportunity for someone early in their career looking to learn and grow as they provide administrative support to our growing team.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate and provide support to Thorn’s recruiting efforts with an emphasis on delivering outstanding service to both internal partners and applicants.
- Own the administration of our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), ensuring a high level of data integrity, including responsibility for scheduling (remote) interviews.
- Manage Thorn’s job boards.
- Handle inbound candidate emails, providing a timely response.
- Provide administrative support throughout the lifecycle of our team, including tasks related to onboarding, benefits management, okr tracking, employee development, and event support for all-company team meetings.
- Generate reports, and share metrics against departmental goals.
- Assist with embedding the processes, and systems, that cement Thorn’s remote-first culture.
- Help to build a diverse and inclusive team.
Skills We’re Seeking
- You have prior experience in supporting the administration of a team, including scheduling and project management responsibilities. Experience within a recruiting or people operations function is preferred.
- You are comfortable in navigating ambiguity. You have a talent for thriving in an environment where priorities might be conflicting, all with an eye for elevating others.
- You love working with data and systems to craft efficiency, order, and process. Familiarity with Greenhouse or similar ATS, Slack, Calendly, and Zoom is preferred.
- You are relational. You know how to establish connections, read for engagement, and have a natural ability to adapt your communication style.
- You operate with a sense of service and urgency, while not compromising on attention to detail.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and understand the importance of anticipating asks.
- You have experience working remotely, or self-directing your own workload and with an unwavering dedication to delivering excellent work.
- You are driven and passionate to make your impact on our mission.
Thorn is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.