Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn gives you the opportunity to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems and deliver results, you might be an excellent fit for our team.
Thorn is growing, and we are seeking to expand support for our People Operations team. Our team strives to provide a seamless, and exceptional, level of service and employee experience to Thorn’s distributed team. We build a culture wired for engagement and belonging, support growth and scale infrastructure. As the next member of our team, your work will be integral in supporting our mission. You possess a drive for delivering outstanding customer service and a background in recruiting.
What you’ll do
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process with an emphasis on delivering the highest levels of service to both internal partners and applicants.
- Run Thorn’s job boards and applicant tracking system ensuring a high level of data integrity, including support for scheduling (remote) interviews.
- Work closely with team leads, to develop job descriptions, recruiting material and an interview plan.
- Build a creative, efficient and targeted pipeline towards achieving our hiring goals.
- Provide support throughout the lifecycle of our team, including onboarding, benefits management, okr tracking, in-person meetings, and performance management.
- Assist with embedding the processes, and systems, that cement Thorn’s remote first culture.
- Handle contractor and volunteer administration.
- Build a diverse and inclusive team.
Skills we’re seeking
- You have a track record of being responsible for a recruiting pipeline, delivering a quality experience and value - a background in technology recruiting desirable.
- You are experienced with people operations administration.
- You operate with an incredible sense of urgency while not compromising on attention to detail.
- You are relational, know how to establish connections, read for engagement and able to adapt your communication style.
- You are a self-starter who thrives in a navigating ambiguity, seeks to elevate others and is happy to succeed within conflicting priorities.
- You love working with data and systems to craft efficiency and order. Familiarity with Greenhouse, or similar ATS, is preferred.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and understand the importance of anticipating asks.
- You have experience working remotely, or self-directing your own workload and an unwavering dedication to delivering excellent work.
- You are driven and passionate to make your impact on our mission.