Thorn builds technology to defend children from sexual abuse, and our products are the backbone of our impact. We join forces across law enforcement, technology partners and nonprofits to help identify victims; stop the spread of child sexual abuse material and to stand up against their offenders. We are seeking a Product Manager to lead the product development of victim identification applications from beginning to end. You will be on the front lines with our users and be actively engaged with the Law Enforcement community to ensure our applications are utilized to their fullest extent possible.
The Product Manager has a strong understanding of customer needs and how to translate those needs into solutions while embodying Thorn’s mission. As the Product Manager you are data driven, intuitive and know the ins and outs of your products within the context of the issue and Thorn at large. You will establish the product vision, roadmap development and work with the engineering team to deliver on our mission. As the Product Manager you are adept at prioritizing and re-aligning with an ever-changing landscape. You thrive on solving complex problems in creative and innovative ways. Success will require being a team player, and the ability to develop and leverage strong relationships across the organization while balancing priorities, managing expectations, and driving the continuous release of innovative products and features.
You’re passionate about driving technical innovation to fight child sexual exploitation. You are, without a doubt, a creative, business minded Product Manager with the ability to quickly shift gears between issue and solution, and execution and strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Define and lead the product roadmap from conception through delivery
- Represent Thorn’s users by building impactful, personal relationships, championing them and bringing their voice into the product creation process
- Establishes strong working relationships with the Engineering and Product Marketing teams to deliver product strategy
- Analyze and prioritize user feedback and issues making informed decisions while managing expectations between trade offs
- Geek out with data science and research teams on insights that can inform product intelligence and features
- Evaluate market trends, industry and competitive strategies to inform decisions on product functionality, pricing and positioning with Product Marketing to support product sustainability
- Work with Product Marketing on user impact surveys, product messaging and delivery
- Develop and conduct user training sessions in person, virtually and in app
- Actively engaged with user base, NGOs and tech companies to stay informed on emerging technology, trends and potential exploitation
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to drive user growth and engagement with an eye on overall product health
Skills We Are Seeking
- Commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Dynamic product leader who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Inspired by solving complex social and technical problems with a user centric lens.
- Analytical and agile mindset, comfortable using data to drive most of your decision making.
- Manage disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate.
- 5 years of software Product Management experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of product management from ideation to implementation
- Experience using product development tools (Jira, GitHub, Google Analytics, InVision, etc.) to manage product needs and drive transparency across the organization
- Excellent communication, collaboration and organizational skills within a highly distributed team.
- Relationship builder and customer savvy
- Strong attention to detail and energized by a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Self-motivated when working remotely.