Ruby On Rails Backend Developer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
We are a small team passionate about everything backend, using a variety of technologies to bring a stable and high-performance experience to our users. We are looking for someone that shares the same passion and vision to create and innovate and has a “thing” for automation.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your teammates into the application.
- Design, build, maintain and innovate with a focus on Maintainability, Readability, Efficiency, Reusability, Reliability of our production code or internal tools
- Analyze software performance and perform system/code optimization
- Integrate user facing elements developed by front end developers with server side
- Integrate external services and resources into applications
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Your superpowers include:
- 3+ years working on web applications built on Ruby OR Golang
- Have previous experience with Mysql OR with other data stores such as Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres.
- Experience in implementing robust set of services with RESTful APIs to power web applications
- Experience with cloud platforms, high-availability systems, data indexing, automated testing.
- Bonus points if you are familiar with Python and nodejs.
- Enthusiastic about collaborating in a small team and inter-disciplinary environment
- You must be a self-starter and open to receive feedback.
- You should be self-motivated to build great products and achieve excellence.
- Penang, Malaysia
- Remote in Kuala Lumpur / South East Asia
- Remote in Europe
Who are we?
The close-knit team behind Piktochart brings you a web application that empowers people who cannot design to create visual content. Some of our users include educators from Harvard, product managers at Google, Starwood Hotels, PWC and many non-profit organizations, freelancers and entrepreneurs. They use Piktochart based on our ability to help them design a compelling story. Piktochart started out with our faith and family as our foundation. We love what we do and our users, and constantly try to get better at our craft!
People also viewed
Senior Backend Developer
Full stack developer for good causes
Full Stack Developer
Network Protocol Developer
iOS (Swift) Developer
Backend Go Developer