Senior Product Designer (Europe/Asia)
We’re looking for a lead product designer that loves to make complicated things simple. You’ll be building intuitive and elegant experiences for a seamless design editor. You’ll be responsible for taking features throughout the design journey: from ideas to rough sketches, to prototypes, to something engineers can implement, through different iterations. You’ll work with multiple internal teams, including product management, engineering, sales and marketing, and interface closely with customers to solicit feedback and test your designs.
We’re currently working on a new version of our platform that reinvents the way professionals tell visual stories. You’ll be leading the entire design team, helping them be the best version of themselves, improving our strategy and processes. This isn’t a managerial role, you also will be getting your hands dirty yourself. You will report directly to the CEO.
The Lead Product Designer will be responsible for the following items.
- Defining the product experience. From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way. You love a good challenge of turning the complex into simple solutions that solve customer needs. Running regular user testing workshops and guerilla testing are also things that you believe in.
- Leading and providing guidance to the design team. You coach and review the design process on a regular basis. The team regularly presents at product and design reviews. You identify areas for improvement and ensure the team has the right skills and training. You inspire and elevate the team by producing work that is always raising the bar.
- Analytical/Decision Making. You manage high-level product design strategy while remaining hands-on in design skills. You collaborate with stakeholders (users, customers, product managers, sales, engineers) to translate business goals into unique product experiences. You work with user research (evaluative and generative) studies to recommend and implement continuous improvements to the product, reviewing the performance and finding ways to enhance it.
You have 5 or more years of experience in Product/UX design in a highly technical environment and at least 2 years in a mentorship/leadership role. You possess an enjoyment of analytics and curiosity for discovering insights from data. You have strong communication skills, with the ability to explain using data and customer insights to influence design decisions. You have exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills. You must be comfortable and confident in leading discussions with domain experts at all levels. You are able to balance customer needs with business goals, market viability and technical feasibility. You have a portfolio that showcases a sophisticated aesthetic with strengths in design systems, and visual storytelling.
This position is remote, and we prefer the candidate to be in Asia or Europe.
Benefits we offer:
- 4-day Work Week and Work/life harmony: Although we expect you to be available throughout the day, we’re family-friendly and we give you the flexibility you need to stay happy and healthy.
- A diverse culture: We come from various backgrounds and parts of the world. We cherish our company culture and form a bunch of fun people to work with. Limited meetings: You’re not stuck relaying information in meetings every day of the week.
- Transparent leadership: Both the CEO and your direct manager are always available to chat and listen to your feedback, time zones permitting. Learning opportunities: personal development goals and a budget dedicated to your growth.
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional-grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before! The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews, and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.
Please let Piktochart know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Product Designer - Europe
Senior Product Designer (UI and Visual)
Senior Product Designer (EMEA)
Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Product Designer, Marketplace
Lead Product Designer - Open-Source - Waypoint
Associate Product Designer