Sr. Technical Support Specialist I (Europe)
Our customer support team builds that trust through calls, emails, chat, and the occasional screen share. This gives people the confidence to deliver interactive presentations that are open and engaging. Poll Everywhere users tend to be leaders in their organizations and they reach out for help because they’re preparing for a presentation that just can’t go wrong. Sometimes they’re nervous, and sometimes they’re on a deadline. Because of this, we elevate support as a practice much more than most tech companies.
This role is highly technical and requires you to take end-to-end ownership of customer-facing issues such as advanced troubleshooting and root cause identification. Our Customer Support team is based on levels, because of this, we only hire experienced people for this role. Our Senior Technical Support Specialist l is the first level of our support team. From there it goes to Senior Technical Support Specialist ll, then to Advocate. All of our CS Team members are Senior as our product is complex and technical in nature.
Our growth has created an environment for career advancement and rewarding challenges. Former support team members have gone on to become customer success managers, product managers, front-end engineers, and operations managers all within Poll Everywhere. Support team alumni now work at Accenture, Google, and Chorus.
- Provide customer support and work on a distributed team. Customer Support hours for this would be from 8am-4 pm (UK time)
- Ability to multi-task, effectively working through email, phone, and chat. Additional support includes troubleshooting the issue reported; looking through documentation; searching account info in admin.
- Prioritize workload and determine what is most important in your work day. Which emails to follow up on first; determine how much time to spend on dedicated projects assigned; determine when to escalate calls/emails.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills; thinking through technical issues and providing resolution.
- Work independently with good decision-making skills as the role will require some stand-alone work time
Daily & monthly responsibilities
- Create resolution for customers with a blend of patience, wit, and crystal-clear communication. You’ll directly support customers via email tickets, incoming calls (which may require context switching), and the occasional screen share. In the future, we’ll offer chat support.
- Work closely with Engineering and QA to troubleshoot, reproduce, and escalate product-related bugs proactively. Follow debugging procedures to diagnose technical issues in web, mobile, and desktop apps.
- Work with both new and existing customers to resolve product and billing-related questions. You’ll work with our finance team to process payments and refunds.
- Ability to write and speak English, fluently.
- 3-5 years of experience in a client-facing software support role (preferably SaaS) with an understanding of customer service, technical issue resolution, and support best practices.
- You have a working knowledge of Windows and macOS platforms in order to resolve complex issues. You’re proficient in installing and troubleshooting software on these platforms.
- Experience working remote on a distributed team spread across several time zones
- Proficiency with Zendesk, Slack, Pivotal, Notion, or other comparable online support and collaboration tools
- You have experience communicating and problem-solving with other departments such as engineering, QA, design, sales, customer success and marketing.
- You have a collaborative mindset and view feedback as a 2-way street. You’re open to communicating needs that will set you up for success with your team and coach.
- You take initiative and are energized even when a clear path isn’t laid out for you.
- You believe in self-care and want to work on a team that places an emphasis on rest and development due to the nature of this work existing in a high-pressure time-sensitive environment that requires you to prioritize urgent tasks based on customer needs and your day-to-day responsibilities.
From us to you!
- $150/month internet & personal cell phone reimbursement
- $1,000 annual self-development budget + 2 additional days of PTO
- $500 work from home stipend to get you set up for 2022 ($200 annual WFH stipend for all PollEvians after their first year)
- Generous PTO - that you’re expected to actually use
- Once we are able to safely reunite as an entire company, we will resume our biannual company retreats and quarterly visits for remote employees.
Our users come from all kinds of communities, and so do PollEvians. We want to work with great people from a wide variety of backgrounds who put a lot of care and pride into their work. We’re committed to providing you with opportunities to learn, and we’re looking to hire people with good judgment.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications or check off all the boxes, you should still seriously consider applying. An important part of our interview process is understanding why this position and our mission particularly resonated with you.
Keep applications brief; we want small resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to defend any laundry lists of skills. Principals only, please. We aren’t using contingency staffing agencies at the moment. Poll Everywhere is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please let Poll Everywhere know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
About Poll Everywhere
People also viewed
Account Support Representative
Associate Customer Success Manager (EMEA)
Support Engineer (EMEA)
Senior Customer Success Manager (EMEA)
EU Support Hero positions 2022
Design Operations Specialist
Home-based Human Resources Administrator
Customer Support Specialist
Demand Generation Manager