Staff Backend Engineer
Robin is the first workplace management platform designed for flexible work. Every day, thousands of offices across the world use our software to find rooms, desks, and coworkers. Used by companies such as Toyota and Twitter, Robin empowers workplace professionals to build (and reopen) the best version of their office, so people do their best work.
What We’re Looking For:
You are a talented problem solver who cares deeply about your customer’s experience. You are a strong communicator and enjoy collaborating with product management, designers, and your fellow engineers. You dig into problems and design innovative solutions to solve them.
You are passionate about best practices, and know how to ensure your product is performant and high quality. Most importantly, you are adept at finding the iterative path forward with any problem, helping your team to build from MVP, to competence, to excellence.
You’ll Succeed In This Role If You:
- Have 5+ years experience building software at a SaaS company.
- Have 3+ years of experience with NodeJS.
- Have Experience working with data at scale (ETL pipelines, databases, schemas).
- Have experience building APIs used by front end.
- Have a strong understanding of DDD concepts, and an ability to design and build packages in a modular, scalable way.
- Have experience with unit and integration testing frameworks.
- Have DevOps experience including experience setting up CI/CD pipelines and deploying applications.
- Have experience with TypeScript, or other strongly typed languages.
- Aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to implement new services or improve existing ones.
- Love startups and wearing different hats.
It’s an Added Bonus If You:
- Have developed event driven architectures.
- Have Docker experience.
- Have exposure to or worked with Apollo Federation.
- Have knowledge of dev-ops, service-oriented architecture, queues (e.g. Kafka, AWS SQS) and databases.
- Have SOLID principles experience.
- Have experience working with an Agile development team.
- Have strong Git experience.
- Have experience evaluating technical tradeoffs and tool selection.
- Company-funded health benefit options
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited vacation time (that we actually use!)
- Work from home flexibility including remote only
- Recognition perks through Blueboard
- 12 company holidays
- And more
We Celebrate Diversity
At Robin, we believe that advancing the workplace is only made possible by empowering all people. Our mission to build the best workplace experience software will not be complete unless we dissect our own bias and amplify underrepresented voices. That’s why we’re actively working to build a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Robin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please let Robin know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Backend Engineer - Twitter Platform
Backend Engineer (Go)
Associate Security Engineer
Senior Front End Engineer
Lead QA Engineer
Software Development Engineer IV, Tech Lead
Senior Data Engineer
Full Stack Engineer