Staff Backend Engineer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Remote Work. We know the best work doesn’t always happen in person. Our people have the choice to work from wherever they do their best work. For some of us that means our homes, while others prefer to use our office in Boston (the Seaport). With flexible working locations and hours, we support Robinauts across the US.
Robin is the first workplace management platform designed for flexible work. Every day, thousands of offices across the world use our software to find rooms, desks, and coworkers. Used by companies such as Toyota and Twitter, Robin empowers workplace professionals to build (and reopen) the best version of their office, so people do their best work.
What We’re Looking For:
You are a talented problem solver who cares deeply about your customer’s experience. You are a strong communicator and enjoy collaborating with product management, designers, and your fellow engineers. You dig into problems and design innovative solutions to solve them.
You are passionate about best practices, and know how to ensure your product is performant and high quality. Most importantly, you are adept at finding the iterative path forward with any problem, helping your team to build from MVP, to competence, to excellence.
You’ll Succeed In This Role If You:
- Have 5+ years experience building software at a SaaS company.
- Have 3+ years of experience with NodeJS.
- Have Experience working with data at scale (ETL pipelines, databases, schemas).
- Have experience building APIs used by front end.
- Have a strong understanding of DDD concepts, and an ability to design and build packages in a modular, scalable way.
- Have experience with unit and integration testing frameworks.
- Have DevOps experience including experience setting up CI/CD pipelines and deploying applications.
- Have experience with TypeScript, or other strongly typed languages.
- Aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to implement new services or improve existing ones.
- Love startups and wearing different hats.
It’s an Added Bonus If You:
- Have developed event driven architectures.
- Have Docker experience.
- Have exposure to or worked with Apollo Federation.
- Have knowledge of dev-ops, service-oriented architecture, queues (e.g. Kafka, AWS SQS) and databases.
- Have SOLID principles experience.
- Have experience working with an Agile development team.
- Have strong Git experience.
- Have experience evaluating technical tradeoffs and tool selection.
- Company-funded health benefit options
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited vacation time (that we actually use!)
- Work from home flexibility including remote only
- Recognition perks through Blueboard
- 12 company holidays
- And more
We Celebrate Diversity
Robin is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world around us. We believe that the key to good work is empowering our people and we know that diversity and inclusion are a large part of this equation. Our realities shape our everyday experiences and it’s our responsibility to our employees, our customers and our communities to address the issues with workplace representation. Robin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For office access, all Robinauts and visitors must provide documented proof of vaccination against COVID-19. If documentation is unavailable, Robinauts and visitors can provide either:
- A negative COVID-19 test with results dated within 72 hours prior to their accessing the office, every time they access the office
- OR for regular office users, proof of negative COVID-19 testing on at least a weekly basis.
People also viewed
Backend Engineer (Remote)
Backend Engineer (Go)
Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Games
Senior iOS Engineer, X
DevOps Customer Engineer
Senior Android Engineer
Senior iOS Engineer, Econ
Senior iOS Engineer