Rust Infrastructure Engineer
The Rust Foundation’s mission is to steward the Rust Language through actively supporting the maintainers that develop and govern the project. The primarily volunteer Rust Infrastructure team is responsible for supporting the Rust project by providing services and systems to allow for the efficient and productive development, building and testing of the Rust language, including Continuous Integration (CI), account management, and bot development. The Rust Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the operations of all currently supported and future infrastructure, including managing both existing tools and new development. The Rust Infrastructure Engineer will work directly with the Rust Infrastructure team in their daily activities and will help manage the relationship and efforts between that team and the Foundation.
- Establish a working relationship with the Rust Infrastructure team
- Understand key efforts, priorities and focus areas of work.
- Develop a short and long term strategy for Rust Infrastructure moving forward, in collaboration with the Rust Infrastructure team
- Support ongoing and potentially underserved infrastructure efforts
- Drive infrastructure efficiency and productivity across the entire Rust project
Baseline Infrastructure Maintenance
- First-line of support for Rust infrastructure issues
- Help manage the entire infrastructure stack, including CI, release management, cloud infrastructure, permissions, collaboration and more.
Improve the Infrastructure Stack
- Research and develop potential solutions to defined infrastructure needs
- Reduce existing technical debt from existing infrastructure efforts
- Develop efforts to increase external contributions to the project through infrastructure improvements
- Communicate effectively between the Foundation and the Infrastructure Team on needs, roadblocks and progress.
- Experience in programming and development in a professional environment. Rust and Python are preferred, but not required.
- Experience in developer operations (DevOps).
- Deep understanding of collaborative programming infrastructure including source control, build systems, continuous integration systems and more. This role may require use of git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, AWS, Cloud Computing, Shell Scripts, Docker, etc.
- Ability to work in both a reactive (e.g. oncall support) and proactive (e.g. developing new systems) environment.
- Experience with an open source community preferred.
Working at the Rust Foundation
Founded in 2021, the Rust Foundation is a virtual, international organization with an all-remote workforce. We’re building our team and our benefits: check out our careers page for more information.
Please let Rust Foundation know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
About Rust Foundation
People also viewed
Software Engineer - Site Reliability
Senior iOS Engineer
Senior Privacy Engineer, Native Applications
Senior Cloud Engineer
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Software Test Engineer
Fullstack TypeScript Engineer
Interview Engineer (Freelance)