Backend JS Engineer
We’re looking for Engineers experienced in microservices architecture and production-grade APIs to help us build our next-gen investment fund platform.
Who we are
ScalingFunds is a FinTech startup building a blockchain-powered investment fund platform. Originally founded in Berlin and infused by its values, we are now a fully distributed company.
Our mission is to democratize investing. We empower fund managers to launch funds faster & cheaper, accept more people as investors into their funds, and handle compliance efficiently. Further, we lower the barrier to entry for investors and increase transparency to allow more people to invest in powerful financial instruments previously reserved for the ultra-rich.
You will work with a modern microservices architecture on a cloud-native stack using the latest and greatest Frontend, Backend, DevOps, and Blockchain technologies:
- Backend - Node.js / TypeScript / Koa / GraphQL / PubSub
- Frontend - React / TypeScript / Apollo / Storybook
- Database - PostgreSQL
- Orchestration - Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform
- CI/CD - GitLab (internal projects) / GitHub (open source)
- Infra -Google Cloud / Cloudflare
- Blockchain - Ethereum / Solidity / Hardhat
💡 Learn more about our tools & technologies on StackShare.
(Note: You do not need experience in every single technology listed above to apply.)
What we offer
- Remote Work - Work from anywhere (meetings happen between 10:00-18:00 in Central European timezone)
- Modern Stack - Work with the latest and greatest technologies, including blockchain.
- 23 days paid vacation - We value work-life balance. With each additional year you earn 1 more holiday (up to 30 days total).
- Deep Work Time - We know Engineers need focus. Tuesdays and Thursdays are our heads-down days. No meetings allowed.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at the high end of local market rates.
- Stock Options - We want everyone to feel ownership, so we give everyone ownership.
- Growth Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for books, courses, conferences, you name it.
- Office Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for co-working spaces or upgrading your home office.
- Fitness Budget - €44 monthly allowance for your physical & mental health.
- Open Source - Contribute to our open source projects like Strong Config 💪.
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Your English is fluent, spoken and written
- You are great at self-managing and organization
- You have a growth mindset and love learning
- You are ok with working in Central European Timezone
- You know how to build production-grade APIs (incl. authentication, rate limiting, documentation, etc.)
- You know how to work with React frontends (but don’t need to be a frontend specialist)
- You’re fluent in TypeScript (or Flow) and have a solid background working with strongly typed applications
- You’re experienced working with relational databases and data modelling
- You worked with event-driven architectures before
- You write tests across the entire pyramid
- You’re comfortable working with docker
💡 Learn more about what we value in engineers.
🏳️🌈 Diversity 🏳️🌈
We value diversity of thought at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
And while nationality isn’t the only diversity vector, we are proud to have more than 20 different nationalities among our current and former team members at ScalingFunds!
🇨🇴 🇯🇵 🇷🇺 🇮🇳 🇨🇦 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🏴 🇻🇪 🇺🇸 🇭🇺 🇲🇽 🇵🇱 🇦🇷 🇳🇦 🇦🇺 🇺🇦 🇮🇪 🇧🇾 🇫🇷 🇳🇬 🇺🇬 🇰🇪
Apply for the job
Interested in joining our Engineering team?
Then we’d love to hear about you!
Please let ScalingFunds know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Senior Full Stack Developer
Kodify Media Group
Software Engineer, iOS
Senior Software Engineer
Front End Engineer
Front-end Developer (HTML, CSS, JS)
Junior Front End/Full Stack Software Engineer
Staff Front-End Engineer