We’re looking for a DevOps enthusiast experienced in event-driven microservices architectures and a modern toolchain
Who we are
ScalingFunds is a FinTech startup building a blockchain-powered investment fund platform. Originally founded in Berlin and infused by its values, we are now a fully distributed company.
Our mission is to democratize investing. We empower fund managers to launch funds faster & cheaper, accept more people as investors into their funds, and handle compliance efficiently. And we lower the barrier to entry for investors and increase transparency to allow more people to invest in powerful financial instruments previously reserved for the ultra-rich.
You will work with a modern event-driven microservices architecture on a cloud-native stack using the latest technologies:
- Cloud - Google Cloud / Cloudflare
- Orchestration - Kubernetes / Docker
- Infrastructure as Code - Terraform
- CI/CD - GitLab CI (internal projects) / GitHub Actions (open source)
- Storage - PostgreSQL / Google Cloud Storage
- Backend - Node.js / TypeScript / Koa / GraphQL / PubSub
- Blockchain - Ethereum / Solidity / Hardhat
- Integrations - Auth0 / HelloSign / Twilio / SendGrid
- Frontend - React / TypeScript / Apollo / Storybook 💡 Learn more about our tools & technologies on StackShare.
(Note: You do not need experience in every single technology listed above to apply.)
What we offer
- Remote Work - Work from anywhere. Meetings happen between 10:00-18:00 in Central European timezone.
- Modern Stack - Work with the latest and greatest technologies, including blockchain.
- 23 days paid vacation - We value work-life balance. With each additional year you earn 1 more holiday (up to 30 days total).
- Deep Work Time - We know Engineers need focus. Tuesdays and Thursdays are our heads-down days. No meetings allowed.
- Competitive Salary - We pay at the high end of local market rates.
- Stock Options - We want everyone to feel ownership, so we give everyone ownership.
- Growth Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for books, courses, conferences, you name it.
- Office Budget - €1,000 annual allowance for co-working spaces or upgrading your home office.
- Fitness Budget - €44 monthly allowance for your physical & mental health.
- Open Source - Contribute to our open source projects like Strong Config 💪.
- 3+ years professional experience in DevOps
- Your English is fluent, spoken and written
- You are ok with attending meetings in Central European Timezone (UTC+1) between 10:00-18:00
- You work autonomously and understand how to strike a balance between delivery speed and quality
- Linux/Bash: You have a strong understanding of the foundational concepts at the very bottom of the DevOps stack
- Docker: You are fluent with Docker and containerization
- CI/CD: You can create & optimize CI/CD pipelines, ideally you’ve worked with GitLab CI before
- Terraform: You know how to provision & manage cloud infrastructure using declarative IaC
- Cloud Platforms: You have extensive experience with at least 1 major cloud provider (AWS/GCP/Azure), ideally you’ve used Google Cloud before
- Kubernetes: You know how to create, manage, and monitor Kubernetes clusters
- Programming: You have good knowledge of at least 1 programming language, ideally JS/TS (or other modern languages)
💡 Learn more about what we value in engineers.
Your first challenges
- Create a terraform setup that declaratively manages as much of our infrastructure as possible
- Improve our developer experience working with Kubernetes
- Optimize our CI/CD pipelines & infrastructure
- Improve our load balancer / ingress controller / API gateway
- Set up Review Environments that allow us to deploy feature branches into isolated environments for testing
- Introduce and foster DevOps best practices in the team
- Help us level up our observability capabilities
Apply for the job
Interested in joining our Engineering team?
Then we’d love to hear about you!
Please let ScalingFunds know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
DevOps - CI/CD Engineer
Software Engineer - Site Reliability
Quality Assurance Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Freedom of the Press Foundation
Frontend Software Engineer
Senior Full-Stack Engineer Ruby / React.js or Ember.js